Re: Finalize my repair.

by Girthy_GO0SE

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Finalize my repair.

★ Novice

My Sims 4 has been repairing and FINALIZING literally all * day.  Fix or I'm done with origin all together.

Message 1 of 7 (5,035 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@snakeater993 Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your games.

A repair should not take very long at all, if yours is stuck then the best thing to do is close out of Origin and then log back in and try to launch the game. 

If the game has repaired and it launched then great, if not can you go ahead and clear your Origin cache and then try to launch/repair the game again.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (5,005 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice
Come on guys. This is an IT circle I won't follow.
Message 2 of 7 (5,027 Views)

★ Novice
Not helping.
Message 3 of 7 (5,025 Views)

Community Manager

@snakeater993 Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your games.

A repair should not take very long at all, if yours is stuck then the best thing to do is close out of Origin and then log back in and try to launch the game. 

If the game has repaired and it launched then great, if not can you go ahead and clear your Origin cache and then try to launch/repair the game again.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 7 (5,006 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've tried following this repair, however:

#5 - I can't delete files "CustomBoxartCache" or "Logs" because the folder or a file in it is open in another location

#11 - I can not delete the Origin file because the folder or a file in it is open in another location. 

I can not find where these are open on the computer anywhere. 

MammaH

Message 5 of 7 (4,930 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Check task manager and end origin processes.

Message 6 of 7 (4,483 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This don't work at all. It doesn't begin to address the problem and why. The problem occurs when you have a new hard drive and you are trying to locate your games on existing drives so you can play on your new drive without having to download a game all over again. Once you use the application to select LOCATE GAME from your library is where the trouble starts. This rarely works in trying to play a game from a new drive you've installed. It especially does not work when you move games between drives for purposes of space and then try and locate. The app just gets confused and can't locate anything and crashes. No amount of deleting as outlined here will prevent the crashing. When implementing the procedure here, Origin will come up and try and locate the game all over again resulting in crashing yet again. Once you start LOCATE GAME you cannot stop that no matter what without completely uninstalling Origin. It is a vicious cycle. The only way to  get out of this is to uninstall Origin and copy the game file to another location so you do not lose it. Reinstall Origin then start a fresh download of the game for about a minute. Pause the new download then completely close out Origin, Next copy the entire game file you moved over to the new drive Origin games folder. Bring up Origin and it will start verifying the entire game you moved back thinking the download is complete and then finalize. This is total nonsense. This has been going on for years like this and no one at Origin is listening intently enough to properly ascertain the situation or the problem. Whatever you do never select LOCATE GAME that feature is completely broken.

Message 7 of 7 (3,227 Views)