zero download speed

by Arabpatriot

Original Post

Accepted Solution

zero download speed

★★★ Newbie

i need help ASAP pleas. my download speed is 0 bites , yet i have a fine Internet connection. re installed origins and it didn't work.

Message 1 of 6 (732 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: zero download speed

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @Arabpatriot.

Can you try the following steps please:

• Disable all background programs on your system (including Steam). You can also do this with a clean boot
  • Temporarily disconnect all other devices that you don't need from your network
  • Use a wired connection
  • Make sure Origin is accepted in your anti-virus and firewall
  • You can also try using Safe Mode Downloading via Origin which is under Application Settings, Advanced

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (716 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @Arabpatriot.

Can you try the following steps please:

• Disable all background programs on your system (including Steam). You can also do this with a clean boot
  • Temporarily disconnect all other devices that you don't need from your network
  • Use a wired connection
  • Make sure Origin is accepted in your anti-virus and firewall
  • You can also try using Safe Mode Downloading via Origin which is under Application Settings, Advanced

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (717 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i just restarted the download and it worked

Message 3 of 6 (695 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that it worked for you @Arabpatriot.

Enjoy your games.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (677 Views)

Origin download speed is forever stuck at 0 byte

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey! I need to ask for help. So apparently my Origin doesn't work correctly... I've tried different approach such as joining the beta version of Origin to uninstalling the exe and re-installing Origin.. Doesn't work.

My Sims 4 game is stuck, it can't download when I can obviously surf the internet and download other things. It stays at 0 byte all the time for hours, and this is the 3rd time already. I can't also press the pause button. I don't wan to hit the cancel button as it will delete all of my progress and that sucks.

Any suggestion is appreciated, thanks!

Untitled.jpg

Message 5 of 6 (656 Views)

Re: Origin download speed is forever stuck at 0 byte

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @reksoprodjo/

Can you go ahead and disable your anti-virus and firewall to see if it makes a difference?

Generally, if a game is stuck finalizing for a long period of time it points to an issue with something blocking it.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (623 Views)