you must be online when logging in for the first time

by dianecummings

Original Post

Accepted Solution

you must be online when logging in for the first time

★★★ Newbie

So i finally have Sim City after a long pre order wait. Now that I have it, it won't allow me to install the game. Origin continues to tell me I must be online when logging in for the first time, what gives? I am online CONSTANTLY. I have never had an issue until last night with origin until now. I have all The Sims 3 games. as well as the newest one Monte Vista won't even allow me to install because of this messed up issue. This REALLY needs fixed. I am feeling like money is wasted all over the place right now.

Message 1 of 21 (35,189 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Re:"you must be online when logging in for the first time"[video t

Community Manager

Hi everyone,

We recommend anyone affected by this error to go through the troubleshooting steps listed in this sticky: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/HOW-TO-Origin-Login-Unavailable-You-must-be-online-when-logging/td-p...

Let us know if you are still experiencing any issues afterwards.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 8 of 21 (35,358 Views)

All Replies

Re: you must be online when logging in for the first time

★★ Novice

Check your firewall settings.  I had same problem.... couldn't login the Origin client, until I excluded the Origin application from SSL / Protocol Scanning.  I'm using ESET Smart Security 5.  As soon as I set up the exclusion, it proceeded to the next step, logged me in, and started installing the game.

Message 2 of 21 (35,109 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried everything !!! its telling me 'i must be online when logging in for the first time' WHAT??? i used to play on a different computer using the sims 3 disk...now i want to install it on a new computer and origin successfully installed but it won't let me log in???? i have tried turning off my anti virus, i tried resetting the time and date NOTHINING ! please help !!! how do i become 'ONLINE' cause apparently im 'OFFLINE' please help !!! and be specific ! cause im not that good with technology lol Standard smile

Message 3 of 21 (35,091 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, i experienced the same error message for two days. i tryed everything and nothing worked. i spoke to an E.A specalist in Ireland for 3 hours, i spoke to a specalist in America for 4 hours and neither of them could get it to work.

HOW I FIXED THIS ISSUE. Luckly my brother works in I.T and got a few colleagues to help him in fixing my problem. All they did was input Googles DNS in my machine and it solved the issue completely.

HOW TO DO THIS click Start - Control Panel - Network and Internet - Network and sharing center - change adapter setting - right click local area connection and select properties - double click internet protocol version 4 - select the circle that says use the following DNS server addresses - within the preferrered DNS server type in 8.8.8.8 - within the alternate DNS server type in 8.8.4.4 - click ok.

This will now have inputed Googles DNS into your machine and it is very simple to do. i am confident this will resolve any issue and it is pathetic that E.A "Specalists" could not resolve my problem.

Message 4 of 21 (35,044 Views)

★ Novice

your thing didnt work i have tried everything and its pissing me off 

Message 5 of 21 (34,936 Views)

★★ Novice

I put a video up on youtube a few months ago, try this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16Ayp_cZ4FA

A LOT of people say it works. Don't forget to make a back up of the files and to restart your PC when you're done.

Chris.

Message 6 of 21 (34,163 Views)

Re:"you must be online when logging in for the first time"[video tutorial] [FIX]

★★★ Novice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snw-_xpC_IY

Just watch the video and that's it!

Message 7 of 21 (32,437 Views)

Community Manager

Hi everyone,

We recommend anyone affected by this error to go through the troubleshooting steps listed in this sticky: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/HOW-TO-Origin-Login-Unavailable-You-must-be-online-when-logging/td-p...

Let us know if you are still experiencing any issues afterwards.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 8 of 21 (35,359 Views)

★ Novice

> : ( stop it

Message 9 of 21 (32,338 Views)

★★★ Newbie

None of these steps have fixed my problem. PLease advise. 

Message 10 of 21 (30,445 Views)