why do my sims 4 packs keep un-downloading

by xzieuc

Original Post

why do my sims 4 packs keep un-downloading

★★★ Newbie

Every time I open Origin to play the Sims 4 I go to the Expansion Packs and Game Packs and the one's I've bought (and downloaded already) have the option to download (when it should say details or something). When I go into the game it says stuff is missing or wasn't saved meaning they un-downloaded when I closed the Sims. I don't know what to do. I don't want to have to re-download each expansion pack and game back everyday before going back into the game.

Message 1 of 6 (3,947 Views)

Re: why do my sims 4 packs keep un-downloading

Community Manager

Hey @xzieuc generally if a game or program is uninstalling itself then it points to an issue with something on your system removing them. Do you have anything installed that optimises space on your system? 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (3,903 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I'm currently having the exact same problem! As far as I know, I don't have anything that would try to "optimize space"? Is there something that can tell me if I have something like that on my system?

Message 3 of 6 (3,684 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, and after they undownload it takes hours to fix the game (though t appears mine aren't truly uninstalled, theyre still taking up space); usually a repair only takes about half an hour but this is kind of ridiculous.

Message 4 of 6 (3,622 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Hi, I'm have the same issue, this has never happened to me and it just started doing this today, when I go in the game the build mode items from the packs will have green question marks on them, then I go in origin and it keeps saying download on all the packs so I download it and them right after I download I go back in the game to see if it worked, nope still the same, so I go back to origin and it says download AGAIN after I just did like 2 minutes ago im too confused please help, I do use mods but I have 23 gb left in my storage so that's not the issue I don't no what else to do please help ASAP, thank you.
Message 5 of 6 (3,032 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey there, I'm having the same issue, I have 20 packs and I hate having to re-download them every time I try to play. I have 200GB of storage so that isn't the issue... I am super disappointed I can't find answers as ive spent a lot of time and money on this game.. Please get back to me as soon as possible in regards to what I should do.. 

Thanks!

Message 6 of 6 (2,177 Views)