why can't it let me download apex legend

by RabidChill

Original Post

why can't it let me download apex legend

★★ Newbie

The error it show me is, "Error: A redistributable package (DirectX) was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue. (4294967287)

Message 1 of 43 (32,500 Views)

Re: why can't it let me download apex legend

Community Manager

@RabidChill 

Find the redist files in the vc folder: Origin Games\Apex\__Installer\vc and right click each one and then "Run as an Administrator".

Once done, reboot and retry playing and let us know your results here, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 43 (32,429 Views)

★★★ Newbie

On what files do you run as admin?

Message 3 of 43 (31,662 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

For the first two Redist files it worked, but in vc2015 when I clicked on them it didn't work, saying that there was another version installed. I looked in the programs and it didn't exist. I have no idea what to do because it isn't a repair, it's an install.

Message 4 of 43 (31,199 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im the exact same

Message 5 of 43 (31,022 Views)

apex legend error

★★★ Newbie

when i downloaded the game Apex Legends  im getting error while finishing Error :A redistributable package (EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe) was not installed successfully . Setup cannot continue.(4) .Anyone plz help me idk what to do .............................................................................................................................................

Message 6 of 43 (29,641 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
How do i do that i have tried to run everything as a administrator but nothing works.
Message 7 of 43 (30,333 Views)

★★★ Novice

i was able to deinstall a 2017 version microsoft visual c after that i could finally install the 2015 version.

also if u still get a directx error this worked for me.

i downloaded directx_Jun2010redist online extracted all files into a folder. 

then restart in your pc safe mode and installed directx finally myself and it worked

then i used all those directx file including the setup and dll files and copied them into the apex legends directx folder replacing the ones that where allready in

my game is finally installing after 3 days!!!

Message 8 of 43 (30,285 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
can you explain how to do this
Message 9 of 43 (29,856 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This fixed the stuck download for me! Thank you so much! I've been so frustrated these last few days trying over and over to download it.

Message 10 of 43 (29,731 Views)