why are the download speeds extremely slow on origin?

by snipeshot9111

Original Post

Re: why are the download speeds extremely slow on origin?

★★★★★ Newbie

start with 50MB/s after 50% get 0,5 - 3MB/s..... put when u only want to make money and no good things that whats happen^^ nice front ugly back end^^

Message 61 of 328 (4,144 Views)

★★★ Novice
Nearly had a stroke reading this. Anyways I can confirm throttling, bouncing between 500kb/s and 4mb/s after 75%.
Message 62 of 328 (4,138 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem here, downloading the Battlefield V patch at 1.5-2.0 MB/s. In Steam no issues (wire connection tryied).

When downloading the full game some days ago I got better speed but not the maximum speed and the speed was also not steady.

Message 63 of 328 (4,100 Views)

★ Novice

also trying to download new BF5 update stuck 108kps have 300mps connection other platforms I getting 25 - 30mps easy 

Message 64 of 328 (4,064 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't know what the Issue is with you guys. The Community Manager clearly stated, that there is no issue with the EA server and this thread CLEARLY proves it. So many people are thanking EA for the outstanding  support in this matter. Just read between the lines. Obviously, we stupid, stupid gamers are at fault here. We are so stupid, that our connection has a big problem. That it is working with other clients is just a coincidents and luck.

Its a joke, that EA tries to call us stupid for their * throttle. Darko does the same as EA always does : "Gamers are stupid. They will buy our Games anyway, REGARDLESS how they are treated."

Instead of LISTENING to us and forcing someone to give a propper statement, he decides to make fun of us. His statement is pretty clear here : over 50 posts and user talking about the issue but all of them are at fault, not the System.

Seriously, I am ashamed that i tried to come back to this peace of junk.

Message 65 of 328 (4,046 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm seeing this same behavior as described previously in this thread. The patch starts downloading at a decent clip. Not fully utilizing my download speed, but tolerable. Then after a while, in my case at 54%, the speed is abruptly throttled and drops like a stone down to pitiful levels. Having tried some of the 'solutions' presented by EA_Darko, they have had no effect.

I have tried this twice now, since the first time the download completely failed at around 80% and was unable to resume after several restarts. Both times the throttle occurred at the same point, so it's very apparently an active throttling on the side of either the client or the EA download servers.

The following picture shows how sudden the dropoff was:

Origin_Network.png

It would of course help if the community managers didn't just dismiss our concerns, insult our intelligence and shove their heads in the sand as they are.

Message 66 of 328 (4,008 Views)

★★ Guide

Guys, i wonder if we got this trending on place like reddit and social media and stuff and raised a big enough outcry if that would work... outside of that we could see if they get nominated for "worst company of the year" again...

Seriously! "your connection is the issue" for over 8 years EA? To quote Kal'Reegar in Mass Effect 2: "That's just insulting!"

Message 67 of 328 (4,003 Views)

★★★ Newbie

DNS Settings what a *. After the IP of the download server is resolved DNS has zero influence. If the service is so volatile include a preferred download server or speed test to pick the fastest download server into your client.

Message 68 of 328 (3,995 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem over here, starts really fast and around 70% it kicks back to 5% of the max broadband capacity..

Message 69 of 328 (3,968 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same problem here with the BF5 patch, downloaded the first 75% at 25mb/s, after that the speed dropped to around 300kb/s

Message 70 of 328 (3,952 Views)