Re: why are the download speeds extremely slow on origin?

by zehel133

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
I know im late to this but i have a great solve just use your mobile hot spot from your phone my speed went way faster the game was taking me 2 hours to download then i used my mobile hot spot and i downloaded it in 20 min
Message 191 of 328 (1,383 Views)

★★★ Newbie
hi sorry I'm new to this origin *, personalty i think this is just a way for them to steal info in the back ground, what a want to know is i bought the sims4 game, brand new, wanted to install it, it said great a origin account, that i did, then when i want to install the game its downloading the dam game, 14 gb of it, are these origin people insane, who do they think is going to pay for that data?, is there a way to install a game without this origin * or to stop this game down load because I'm not going to pay for a download if i have the disk's
Message 192 of 328 (1,366 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi sorry I'm new to this origin *, personalty i think this is just a way for them to steal info in the back ground, what a want to know is i bought the sims4 game, brand new, wanted to install it, it said great a origin account, that i did, then when i want to install the game its downloading the dam game, 14 gb of it, are these origin people insane, who do they think is going to pay for that data?, is there a way to install a game with out this origin * or to stop this game down load because I'm not going to pay for a download if i have the disk's

Message 193 of 328 (1,365 Views)

★★★ Newbie
hi sorry I'm new to this origin *, personalty i think this is just a way for them to steal info in the back ground, what a want to know is i bought the sims4 game, brand new, wanted to install it, it said great a origin account, that i did, then when i want to install the game its downloading the dam game, 14 gb of it, are these origin people insane, who do they think is going to pay for that data?, is there a way to install a game with out this origin * or to stop this game down load because I'm not going to pay for a download if i have the disk's
Message 194 of 328 (1,329 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I started downloading anthem yesterday at 3pm it’s 6:27 am and it’s at 72%

Message 195 of 328 (1,349 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I read through basically the whole thread, the condescending responses irk me, Everyone explains they've tried the solutions but none if it works and even tests it with other platforms. 

R&D helped me slightly but not enough,

Hopefully, they will fix their crap but I highly doubt it one day it will all come tumbling down on them,

Message 196 of 328 (1,324 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@ThaGamingHobo

spot on, to many problems mixed together, and some have other issue's
then just download speed, and so many forget ( user's on own network and is it a bandwide issue or windows sizeing because pc has reduces its buff to keep game lag free while DL and so many other issue that most of them dont understand. no matter what you say in this thread just make it worse.

this actual require you know what Network is , but same time know pc and its bottlenecks, and even OS bottlenecks , and then you talk with ISP they will tell you , you cant use windows to measure its network at full speed, windows is not build for Testing Throughput. only a ISP has gear that can do this, then you hit +100/mb you won't see 100/mb because there is also checksum. again proof of people dont know what they are talking about. its all about what ISP did and tweak the lines if customer paid for it.

read about EA UOTRACE app it might help or not talk with your own ISP
first before contact EA could be a good idea.

Message 197 of 328 (1,675 Views)

★ Novice

The R&D Mode worked a bit for me, was getting 3-4mb download speed before, but now i can get the fully 20mb/s, but, sometimes the speed downs to 3-4 again and them gets up.

Message 198 of 328 (1,657 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OMG.. Origin is the only running app on my PC yet.. 60GB game, I only got 10GB downloaded for 24 hours?? no limits for download..  fix it..

Message 199 of 328 (1,613 Views)

Re: Slow Download

★★★ Novice

It seems to me that Origin has their Look Sensors on. Everytime I am watching the download it drops and drops and drops till its in the bytes, but when i go do something else or take my eyes off the download and come back and check its around 12-14 mbps, but OH NO, Im looking at it again and down it drops. Its a conspiracy. Try not looking at the download, see if that works.

Message 200 of 328 (1,441 Views)