Re: unlink Xbox account from unauthorized EA account

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

unlink Xbox account from unauthorized EA account

★★★★ Novice

this is literally the first time I've EVER had to make a post on a forum, at all.

and it's because so far, ALL of EA's services have failed me.

I just want to play their games on the Xbox, the place where I would play them.

and their services prevent me from doing so.

somewhere, somehow, my Xbox account apparently got associated (linked) with another EA account, that I do not own and which is not mine.

I can't tell which account it is, despite the site "help.ea.com/ca/help/account/find-your-ea-account-email-address-using-your-game/" saying i should be able to check from one of those games properties.

I do not have any of those properties. I do not play sports games. there is a demo for Fifa 2020 though, that is free. it was 7 Gigabytes big. i had to download that just to see if their help site was actually helpful.

it was not. i was met with the same message i got when i try to access any other EA property, namely the two i actually use, Apex Legends and Battlefield 4.

that message was "User account is invalid".

I have been told that this is because my Xbox account is associated with another email address and / or EA account.

why and how is this even allowed? like, why would i ever want to use the wrong email address to play with? what?

when trying to log in via my Xbox credentials on the website, I am told "the account is ineligible", presumably for the same reason.

I've made 6 tickets so far trying to get anything done. 4 of those are actually just 2, as they were separate attempts that both redirected to fill out a web-form in an attempt to "recover my account" to "link up" my xbox account to my Ea account, supposedly.

both attempts failed. I do not use my EA account. only when necessary via the Xbox. there is almost nothing there to verify it, and what little there is, is apparently not enough to be successful.

I do not need to recover my account though. I am already logged into it, even as i type into this and as you're reading it. both of my accounts are fine.

it's just that my xbox account somehow got linked to the wrong EA account / email address. I just want to link them up like how they were before; together.

picture provided is proof that their help site is crap. the case information for one of the tickets i filed for is just blank. completely blank. why? WHY

how is EA this incompetent when the slightest thing goes wrong.

they should just make an "Origin App" for the consoles that can handle account details so these problems don't happen. and they would be able to even exploit it for their typical greedy gains too!

why can't I unlink which EA account is associated from my Xbox account - FROM THE SIDE OF MY XBOX ACCOUNT

nothing customer service here has done has been useful or even effective. only thing i've gained is frustration.

thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

Message 1 of 6 (3,826 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @Braklinath if you no longer have access to the email on the account then the best thing to do is take a look at this help article and fill out the account recovery form: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (3,768 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Braklinath if you no longer have access to the email on the account then the best thing to do is take a look at this help article and fill out the account recovery form: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (3,769 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I never had access to the email on the account.

it's not my email, not my account. I DO NOT KNOW what email it is. I can not check. each attempt i am met with the message "Account is invalid". I stated this.

my Xbox gamertag has the wrong EA ID and / or email associated with it on EA's side. I do not know how this happened.

I have access to my EA account. I have access to my Xbox account. i'm not locked out of either.

I'm locked out of playing EA games on the Xbox because EA thinks that the email i use does not match the email they have. again, this information is not helpful.

the only piece of text relevant to me on this provided link "https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/", would be this one:

"

Invalid Account Error

This happens when you’re using a first-party console that’s associated with a disabled EA Account.

Try resetting your EA Account password. If this doesn’t solve the issue, contact us for help.
"

my EA Account is *not* disabled, as far as I can tell. I already reset my password, and added three extra layers of security (phone, 2nd email, 6 verification codes). this did not solve my issue.

I have contact "us" for help multiple times. issue still not resolved.

again. the help provided, is in fact, not.

Message 3 of 6 (3,763 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Braklinath if your gamertag is linked to an email that you cannot access then you need to fill out the account recovery form. There is nothing that we can do to assist with this issue on AHQ. 

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (3,734 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Braklinath

only thing i can think of is that i somehow, for some reason, used the wrong email address to use for the Xbox when i was first told to attach an EA account. either by creating a new one altogether, or something.

been using it since then,

and then somehow somewhere, out of the of the blue, that EA account i created on the xbox side (if that's even possible) ended up getting disabled. locking me out of all progress and even gameplay.

I have a second xbox account. i tied that to my EA account. some webpage on the help site said that all game progress is held on the EA account, not the Xbox account. I had ended up momentarily attaching my second Xbox account to my EA account, just to check, but all my progress wasn't there. so with that said, I may have been using an EA account that I do not know about?

thing is.

I can not check. as stated again, each time I have tried, I am met with the message "account is invalid". even downloading the free demo of one of the games that Is supposed to show this very relevant information, it still failed, saying account is invalid.

so. I just... don't know. can't know. because the way how EA handles all the console information is just wack.

I have filled out the account recovery form, twice. I've been told that the information that i've provided was insufficient and that they couldn't verify my credentials; both times.

what account would they be trying to recover? the one I apparently used but dont know which is the email because EA's systems won't tell me? the one the Xbox account has been associated with but apparently randomly disabled? that one? the one I have no idea what sort of information it has because it's not the one it was supposed to be used with.

I gave them all the relevant information for it if that's the case. told them I  own battlefield 4 at some point, and two apex legends packs, as well as my apex legends player stats that I could remember. wasn't enough to verify apparently.

don't worry. AHQ so far has been as helpful as everything else, so there's not really a problem, and i don't have an expectation for such. just wanna let ya'll know that EA isn't just greedy, but apparently amazingly incompetent - enough to the point of inadvertently completely locking someone out from playing their games; and providing no effective means of actually fixing that issue.

Message 5 of 6 (3,724 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

I'm locking this thread as there is nothing more that we can do to assist.

I'm sorry to say that if you are unable to verify that you are the account owner that our team will not be able to assist with making changes or granting you access to an account.

The best thing we can recommend is that you gather as much additional info as possible and fill out the form again. 

If a Gamertag is linked to an Origin account then it means that either you would have linked it or someone who had your account details including email and password linked it. It may be a case that you linked your account when playing on a friends console for example. As such it is no harm checking to see if this is the case.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (3,712 Views)