Re: unable to install mass effect andromeda error 196613:0

by nicopsycho

Original Post

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing @XairoN84

Teamwork!

I'm adding the solution to the Complete Support - Origin thread.

And @XairoN84, if you ever feel like stopping by for a chat, then we would love to have you on the newly opened Origin Community forums!

Cheers,

Message 11 of 15 (1,201 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Loveforeverlove
Message 12 of 15 (1,044 Views)

"An unexpected error has occurred. Error: 196613:0"

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi there,

I have been trying to update various games since last night however, I have not had any success. Almost every time I receive the error: "An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again in a few moments: Error 196613:0."

I managed to get one game to update briefly for a few minutes. It was downloading abysmally slowly, and it resulted in the above error after a few minutes. 

I am aware that other people have searched for assistance for this issue. I have done the following (in order) to try and fix this so far:

Rebooted

Checked Anti-virus and firewall exceptions - Origin is allowed.

Fresh install of Origin.

Changed settings in Origin's diagnostic tab to allow Safemode downloading. 

Ran Origin as Administrator. 

Also, I do not have a proxy or VPN, so this isn't the cause of these issues either, and if it is relevant I am also unable to connect to the Origin friend's list.

Hope someone can depart some wisdom onto me!

Message 13 of 15 (945 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I had the same error code for BFV update, tried the different solutions listed... to no avail, then I cancelled the update, selected game repair and after 30GB of downbload (update was 25GB originally) it completed successfully, and the game is up to date.

Message 14 of 15 (838 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Not for me, for about two years now I'm trying and re-trying, and re-trying to reinstall Mass Effect Andromeda on my PC, trying and retrying all of the methods which I have found on the internet including those in this EA forum and NONE of them have worked. But what it's pissing me off the most is the indifference of EA, of the game developers, and of EA Origin. They could have made a patch till now cos Mass Effect Andromeda it's the sole game that cannot pass over the 41% installation process cos it has "failed to install the VC ++" not even I'm uninstalling from "add and remove programs" and I'm reinstalling them in the game folder. The huge irony is that even this game was panned by the critics to me it was one of the top-favorites enjoying so much to play and replay both the single-player and the multiplayer game modes.

Message 15 of 15 (745 Views)