transfer origin games to steam

by MezTheDanger

Original Post

Re: transfer origin games to steam

★★★ Novice

well, this thread has made it to the top Duckduckgo search for "how to transfer my Origin games to Steam" within a week, so apparently there's a lot of us asking the almighty algorithms the same question. Please listen to your customers, EA. Ubisoft already managed to do it with Uplay games so I'm sure it's possible

Message 51 of 224 (2,431 Views)

★★★ Novice
@MezTheDanger I'm okay with having to start Origin from Steam as long as the games are registered to my Steam account at least, and logically to my Origin account, exactly like Uplay.
Message 52 of 224 (2,390 Views)

★ Guide
@IllelpokorllI Glad to hear that, i hope this will make our voice stronger.
Message 53 of 224 (2,318 Views)

★ Guide
@Notabenebene Absolutely, the fact is that because they need anyway Origin, simply make us link our account and we must be ready to go.
Message 54 of 224 (2,315 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Darko Any news on how is this feedback going? It's not like we are all going to buy our games twice on Steam, and for a company with such a bad public image as EA this would be an easy score...
Message 55 of 224 (2,271 Views)

★★★★ Novice

EA should make this real. A lot of people don't want to bother with any other launcher. 

Message 56 of 224 (2,240 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree.

I own ME Andromeda ME3 DAO and more games on Origin but I don't want to buy them again on steam, that's just a rip off.
And then they wonder why people pirate games. Because of * like this.

Message 57 of 224 (2,222 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@MezTheDangerYes please! So awesome of EA to come over to steam! I dnt mind still needing origin for authentication, but being able to have my games in steam library is awesome! Thank you EA

Message 58 of 224 (2,200 Views)

★★ Novice

Please, we need that. We would like to have the possibility to import our Origin library into our Steam profile. EA said that you were going to listen to our ideas, so there you have!

Message 59 of 224 (2,144 Views)

★ Guide

Not sure about you guys, but this lack of decision making is detrimental to business imo. I would like most of my games to run from Steam and find it a nuisance to have three (four in August) game launchers!

...and now, I'm going to sit tight and wait for a formal decision before purchasing any expansions for my EA games...

Message 60 of 224 (2,007 Views)