Re: transfer origin games to steam

by KingRayVeteran

Original Post

★ Novice
@KunoCallsun I was about to comment asking the same thing, but then I noticed the twitter feed in the sidebar. Apparently they implemented the transfer of games to steam but never bothered to inform this thread? Magnificent job, EA, as always.
Message 161 of 224 (3,390 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Also, gloriously, the name of the tab in my browser with the thread is actually "solved: transfer origin games to steam." But did they edit the subject line here? Or comment sharing the solution? Of course not! 

edited to add, since the twitter feed on the sidebar will at some point fill up with other stuff, the URL of the troubleshooting page: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/troubleshooting-ea-games-on-steam/

Message 162 of 224 (3,387 Views)

★★ Guide

@wendolen 

Firstly, thanks. I didnt know about the link you posted. It tells that it is possible to LINK Steam and Origins accounts. However, it doesnt say anything about transfering your games from Origin to Steam (and vice versa?). I think thats what people here wants. To transfer their games from Origin to Steam. Not sure if it will happen but fingers crossed.

Message 163 of 224 (3,365 Views)

★★ Novice

Looks like linking accounts is only useful for running games you have bought on Steam without having to also run Origin.   It does not seem to allow you to transfer games you bought on Origin to Steam.

Message 164 of 224 (3,350 Views)

★ Novice

Okey , great.. now i have linked my steam and Origin Accounts and.... i can see EA the games i own on steam when i start Origin, but i cant see the games i own on origin when i see  games on steam.......

Message 165 of 224 (3,311 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@wendolen  First of all, to even get Play to show up, you have to install TS4 base from Steam and run the executable. There is no 'Play' option.  When I got this to work, guess what also started up with my Steam version?  ORIGIN!

And there's another problem. I already had a Steam account before porting TS4 was possible, so I can't link it to my EA account. My EA account isn't using the same email address as my Steam account.  Can't have multiple Steam accounts, so EA should kick rocks with their lame instructions. They never work the way they're written. Pffffffffffffff

I stopped halfway through those troubleshooting instructions and knew they wouldn't work. Frown

Message 166 of 224 (3,310 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Fingers crossed on them improving this for sure. I have Alice: Madness Returns through Steam, so I literally only made an Origin account to play Sims 4 with their Vampire pack. And after I download their launcher and the game, THEN they decide to put it on Steam! I should have just waited, really. Even with the linking of accounts available, for all the good it does us, I'll just wait for the transfer of games to be enabled before I play again. Having me log in is one thing, but I'm just not bothering with the launcher again.

Message 167 of 224 (2,079 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SpiderGames95Don't hold your breath on that happening. They announced the move to Steam, then dropped it like they didn't. EA doesn't seem to be in a hurry to do away with Origin. Must be some developer's pet project and they can't control Steam. LOL

Message 168 of 224 (2,075 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@KingRayVeteran What do you mean? They added their recent games like 6 months ago not 6 years ago.
Message 169 of 224 (1,835 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Scared_Donut96Uh oh. Was thinking about a different problem. Ooops! My bad. I should modify that. Issues started blending together for a minute, and covid-19 has me stir crazy! Hahahaha

Message 170 of 224 (1,830 Views)