Re: transfer origin games to steam

by KunoCallsun

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

ohai,

my 5cents.

apex legends transferred smoothly to steam, and doesn't even require to origin be running in background.

which is fantastic and i congratulate to entering 21 century.

now, i guess, in same way, we could transfer battlefield series? please? anyone?

i understand, the bf3 like versions, will be or might be an issue, as this particular for example, is using battle log, but for already mentioned?

any plans to give us availability to move them as well as apex?

Message 151 of 224 (2,877 Views)

★★ Novice
@skurva what do you mean "transferred"? The game is free to play...
Message 152 of 224 (2,847 Views)

★★★ Newbie

C'mon EA, linking the keys of Origin purchases in Steam shouldn't be an impossible task. Can we get an ETA on this?

Message 153 of 224 (2,729 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

EA GAMES has been around for a long time, Origin buyers deserve to transfer our games to Steam, the community should create a group on steam to demonstrate our disagreement with their policies and that at least if EA doesn't do anything, let Valve do it.

Message 154 of 224 (2,695 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yet it would be very practical. I use STEAM's Big Picture mode and I'd like to access my E.A. games from there...

Message 155 of 224 (2,280 Views)

★★★ Newbie

" Moreover, it takes too much effort to transfer achievements from Origin to Steam, and I don't think they are going to do it for free."

There is absolutely no problem with that.
I bought NFS2015 on steam after already having it on origin for years.
The minute I run the game through Steam, I received about 30 steam achievements, furthermore, it loaded saved prpogress from origin.
The game is basically transfered mirrored with all your progress and achievements.

Message 156 of 224 (2,157 Views)

★★ Guide

162 days since this thread was posted and EA have done NOTHING.

Message 157 of 224 (1,838 Views)

★ Novice

was checking out titanfall 2 on steam and was like I wonder if I can link my ea account and access my games from origin... NOPE! they want me to repurchase the game on steam..

Message 158 of 224 (1,834 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well, with their previous attitude towards the Battlefield fans with their "don't like it, don't buy it" mocking campaign I highly doubt they are interested in listening to us now neither. I guess I'm never going to play Battlefield again. :/

Message 159 of 224 (1,644 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Any update on this transfer feature? 

Message 160 of 224 (1,482 Views)