Re: transfer origin games to steam

by bobsher

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
@ I SO want this feature because whenever i load a game on origin most of the time they just crash but on steam/epic they don't
Message 121 of 224 (2,747 Views)

★★ Apprentice
It is the fairest thing to give us access to the games on steam, origin does not save the games and gives many problems, I have two physical copies of dead space 1 and 3 and I want to activate them on steam.
Message 122 of 224 (2,726 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Just throwed my money to the trash when subscribing to origin access, since they kept saying: 'EA Play coming to Steam soon!' but didn't said the date. So i've just thought: 'This won't happen anytime soon, so i'll get 1 year of subscription from origin anyway'. Literally 1 day after i got it, they revealed that ea play was going to be released today on steam. Now i've just called ea support and the consultant said the services are the same thing, i know they are, but i just want to play on my platform of choice. I still have hope, but knowing how greedy ea is, probably my subscription will end and i'll not have access to my games on steam. It's literally disgusting how EA treat their consumers.

Message 123 of 224 (2,697 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@veloxSZ As I understand it, some titles accessed through Steam will still require the Origin software client to be installed. This may change in the future, but for now, maybe it reduces the pain knowing that you'd still need to have Origin installed, even if you'd waited and bought your sub through Steam
Message 124 of 224 (2,378 Views)

Anonymous

I hope so

Message 125 of 224 (2,221 Views)

★ Apprentice

It would be interesting to be able to link Origin accounts to Steam and thus be able to play our games purchased on Origin on Steam too. I honestly wish my friends on steam could see when I'm playing Battefield or Star Wars officially and without using the manual add-on method.. (this would not be very funny)

In addition, Steam provides achievements and content in a very fun way. And it's a bit frustrating to see new players playing all EA titles on Steam and we unable to do so despite being old customers.

The method could be optional, so each player decides which client to use.

Message 126 of 224 (2,111 Views)

★★ Apprentice
There are many reasonable answers for EA GAMES to provide us with access to the games we buy from Origin for steam, I don't know why it will take so long to activate this feature.
Message 127 of 224 (2,103 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@jgr079As far as I'm concerned I will not buy another EA game until it is, I refuse to buy a game twice on PC when they lead me to believe their games would be exclusive to their platform, and I'll say it right now, practices like this make it really difficult to condemn software piracy.

Message 128 of 224 (2,009 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Origin has no future. It is sluggish and useless. Let us just transfer our games to Steam. 

Message 129 of 224 (1,779 Views)

Rif.: transfer origin games to steam

★ Novice

please EA do it!

Message 130 of 224 (1,770 Views)