Re: transfer origin games to steam

by VanguardDragon

Original Post

★★ Novice

Just adding my 2 cents - would be cool to have this feature!

Message 91 of 224 (2,593 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I very much would like to transfer all available titles from Origin to Steam.

The Origin launcher is rubbish and a relic of a bygone era where EA wanted to force consumers to pay for shody products and pointless DLC to keep the share-holders happy.  Yes, I see the irony with me saying that, however, I would like to play my beloved Mass Effect series (minus Andromeda because, well, it's not really ME) and I hate the Origin launcher.

Maybe a Class Action to obtain the rights of your purchase to allow transfer to the platform of your choosing, if EA doesn't want to entertain the idea.

Message 92 of 224 (2,532 Views)

★ Novice

yes it wod be nice have the origin games in steam, as we can have rockstar games ubisoft and others that need launcher, 

Message 93 of 224 (2,397 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Guys no offense but wtf are you thinking? This is EA Games, they don't give a damn about you or your wishes, they want your money! All of it!

Message 94 of 224 (2,116 Views)

★★★ Newbie

because EA owns, and runs origin.

Message 95 of 224 (2,076 Views)

★★ Novice

Well they'd get more of my money if I could see these games in steam because I'd be more likely to buy DLC.  Also, they have terrible controller support, why not let us have them accessible via steam so we can use the already good steam controller support and they no longer have to worry about that.

Message 96 of 224 (1,966 Views)

★★ Novice

How about Origin crashes my game while I'm playing it? Or when I got Dragon Age: Inquisition GOTY the DLC wouldn't show up as being owned in Origin, the support people ended up having to give me a different product key.

Message 97 of 224 (1,965 Views)

★★ Guide

One thought passed through my head while thinking about this issue.

Back in 2012, EA released BF 1942 for free due to its 10th birthday. I'm one of the lucky ones that got it. I wonder if with the transfer, they will transfer sunset games such as the BF 1942 (and so many others).

Hopefully they will but...

Message 98 of 224 (1,748 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

this would be pretty cool but EA is literally the most garbage company and they don't seem interested in improving their reputation.  the only time they would do something the customers like is to improve sales

Message 99 of 224 (1,646 Views)

★★★ Novice

While I would love to transfer my games from other places (Origin or elsewhere) to steam, the only company I've seen do this was Bethesda with fallout 76 and Valve with Portal 2. It would be more surprising if they actually did give the steam copy to all Origin owners than to have it as it is now. 

And to the person with the fake mask pdf linked to their reply:

https://www.ada.gov/covid-19_flyer_alert.html

Message 100 of 224 (1,496 Views)