Re: transfer origin games to steam

by AlphaAngelCrysis

Original Post

★ Guide

Why are you talking about EA when we're talking about Steam & Origin, @BioClone_Ax45?

Message 81 of 224 (2,484 Views)

★★ Guide
@ComaSix No news yet unfortunately. But we must keep pushing brothers!
Message 82 of 224 (2,142 Views)

★★★ Novice

@KingRayVeteran: EA is the dev behind Origin, It's an alternative to Steam but only for EA Games.

Message 83 of 224 (2,136 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@AlphaAngelCrysis  that was not intelligible, so what are you talking about?  I've been playing The Sims since the beginning, and experienced nonsense when Origin entered the picture.  I know they're not the same company, but EA needs to push Origin out of the picture and replace it with Steam.  Point blank period!  I used to be able to fire up my game without having to be connected to the internet for Origin's sake.  Now, Steam does not solve that problem, but they are far better equipped to handle a great many games than Origin.  EA needs to put out the instructions for porting our games to Steam, and not make us pay for anything to do it; not Origin.  So, again, WHAT?

Message 84 of 224 (2,131 Views)

★★ Novice

no its not .. its owned by EA  .. so why would they move if not going to scrap it

Message 85 of 224 (2,067 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just wanted to be added to the queue of people who would like to be able to transfer my origin games to steam. Origin has always only caused me trouble, and I would buy more EA games if they were on steam. If it's on Origin I often reconsider buying it at all.

Message 86 of 224 (2,053 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Roll-Off-Driver  perhaps you're not paying attention, but the migration has begun.  It's just a crappy one that isn't instructed very well.  Like I said, I got The Sims 4 to show up in Steam without having to repurchase the game; it just wouldn't play.  Where did I hear of this?  HERE on Origin!  Since most companies aren't transparent, whatever they're doing, Origin may be on its way out.  Most people know EA owns Origin.  AND?  It's been problematic since the beginning.  EA may have told Origin its plans, and then Origin half-*'d told us they were beginning to pull Steam into the picture.  You need to work on your English, bro and read a bit more around here. 

EA knows they'll lose a lot of business if they leave us all hanging with hundreds-to-thousands of dollars worth of EA games attached to Origin.  They need to figure out how to do it properly or lose lots of customers.  If EA scraps Origin without having the Steam mechanism fully in place and NOT have us repurchasing all our games, they will have a lot of upset gamers filing lawsuits.  EA has poor customer service, and so does Origin.  Is anybody surprised they are being half-baked about this?  We gamers are not stupid people, no matter what anybody thinks!  Hahahaha

Large smile Wink Raised eyebrow

Message 87 of 224 (2,019 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

(This post mostly for fun)

Can you nod to any of the items on this list?

1. Origin fails to start with windows and just isn't started
  2. Origin fails in the middle of a patch and doesn't tell anyone, so I assume it's patching but actually waiting for nothing.
  3. Origin tells me my buddy is playing a game, but he's not
  4. Origin tells my buddy that I'm playing a game, but I'm not
  5. Origin randomly logs me off so I have to log on again
  6. Origin downloads are so slow I want to plug in my old 64K Baud modem to overtake it
  7. Origin sets me to away even when I'm online, says my friend
  8. (Edit! forgot this one) My buddy see me started to play a game, then 10 seconds after I quit it. This happens many times per day. Never even touched it.

Got any bingo winners here?

Message 88 of 224 (1,950 Views)

★★ Guide
@Tsathoqqua I don't have Origin run on startup and don't look at the social parts of it but 2 has happened and 5 and 6 happens all the time!
Message 89 of 224 (1,933 Views)

★★★ Novice
Message 90 of 224 (1,715 Views)