Re: transfer origin games to steam

by MezTheDanger

Original Post

Accepted Solution

transfer origin games to steam

★ Guide

Now that EA decided to sell their games on Steam, we will be able someday to transfer our purchase to Steam? Even if this mean lose the game on Origin? I'm asking because Origin isn't a good software and it never get updated. It could be a nice move from EA.

Message 1 of 224 (160,401 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey all, it is not currently possible to move games from Origin to any other platform.

I will pass your feedback on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 224 (159,015 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I wish this was the case too, It's not  like we are going to buy them again

Message 2 of 224 (160,236 Views)

★ Novice
@MezTheDanger But you still need origin to play the games.. having them on steam wont change that Origin is here to stay.
Message 3 of 224 (160,094 Views)

★ Guide
@enigma27 is not needed for every game, plus they could just make you link your account and the problem would be easily solved, because i understood that those games need origin because they are the older ones.
Message 4 of 224 (160,042 Views)

★★ Guide

@enigma27 

You actually needs Origin for games that were released after 2005. Games such BF BC2, that were released a bit before Origin dont need it to run. If you have it on Steam or the CDs you can play without Origin. I think if you have it on Origin you dont have to open Origin to play (cant say for sure tho - just open the game by clicking icon)

Message 5 of 224 (159,600 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, it is not currently possible to move games from Origin to any other platform.

I will pass your feedback on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 224 (159,016 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
@EA_Darko Thank you very much. As i read online we are not the only one ones who asks for this feature. This would be such a nice thing from EA, plus i don't think there is people who will buy again the same game twice.
Message 7 of 224 (158,881 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'll start playing the origin games again when they allow transfer to steam. Until then, really can't be bothered with origin. Let me know when you want me to play your games again EA, not buying again just to play on steam.

Message 8 of 224 (158,750 Views)

★★ Guide
@enigma27 We already know this, I just want to have automatic updates through Steam since I don't keep Origin open on my PC and everytime I go to play Battlefield there is an update, I don't mind if they still launch through Origin after I click play on Steam.
Message 9 of 224 (158,401 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@enigma27 Yes, but in my Country, Origin's downloading speed is way too slow, most of the time the speed is less than 1mb/s, so every time there is a big update or I want to replay some of the game(like mass effect series), I have to go through a huge struggle. But on steam(or Uplay and Epic), the download speed is at least 40mb/s,so if they can move all those games I own on steam, that would be extremely helpful~! 
Message 10 of 224 (158,204 Views)