Re: stem

by Cantiras

Original Post

stem

★★ Novice

Hello, I'm no longer able to play Dragons Age 2 from Steam because Origin is not giving me the "you can use Steam ID feature," to log in.

When first played it last week it was working fine but now it has asked me to make an account for EA but now the account is asking for the product key of Dragon Age, even though I've already payed for it on Steam. 
I need help

Message 1 of 8 (660 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@emiiter1999 I would read through the following Steam community threads and see if any of them work for you.

Message 2 of 8 (621 Views)

★★ Novice

I did all of these and still nothing. The game was working fine for 15 hours but now it doesn't work

Message 3 of 8 (581 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@emiiter1999 If none of those suggestions work for you (e.g. changing the high DPI settings for EALink.exe, changing the screen resolution to access the pop-up window, turning off your VPN if you have one, updating Origin, logging out of Origin and closing it followed by launching the game through Steam again, or reinstalling Origin), you might want to contact Steam Support or EA Help.

Message 4 of 8 (551 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @emiiter1999 if you are linking your EA and Steam accounts to play then you may be asked for your product code, if you cannot find it under your game properties then you can contact Steam support who will be able to provide it for you.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 8 (508 Views)

★★ Novice

Steam support won't give me the product key and ea is not helping either    

Message 6 of 8 (468 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @emiiter1999 if you are being asked for the product code then this is something which you will need, our live support would be unable to give you the code as they would not have access to it as your purchase was on Steam.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 8 (459 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@emiiter1999 The only other suggestion I am aware of is https://steamcommunity.com/app/1172380/discussions/0/3342162929518439347/?ctp=4#c2666626816216032811 and https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1913930382 (the second version adds an extra step). It was in one of the previously mentioned threads, but I am hesitant to highlight this method because you shouldn't need to do this. The game referred to in this method was STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order, but it may work for Dragon Age II (i.e. the file path and executable will obviously be different, but otherwise the steps are the same).

Message 8 of 8 (416 Views)