Re: Cannot find friends on origin client and online

by ThiefMaster66

Original Post

★★★ Novice
But why would you do this feature on a SATURDAY??? EA... Come on now... Hopefully, it's up by tonight...
Message 10 of 82 (3,375 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just spent 2 hours attempting (removing origin, downloading it, clearing files, firewalls on/off, restarting, different browsers, etc.) to add my friend affer purchasing a game pass to play a way out. I went through two support cases, the latter eventually telling me it’s a problem that the team is attempting to ‘fix.’ I’m extremely frustrated. 

She wouldn’t give me a time frame other than ‘soon.’ 

I appreciate EA, depsite the generalization view, and I understand that you have to make changes to an evolving software. However, I don’t understand how you don’t inform your customers of temporarily removing a vital feature of your platform especially during a peak time (Saturday). 

Is there any way of me adding him? 

Message 11 of 82 (2,161 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I have the same issue (also wanted to play A Way Out).
Ended up canceling my subscription and getting a refund...
Message 12 of 82 (2,104 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
EA: oh yeah guys lets just disable the way to play with your friends if you don't already have them added
Message 13 of 82 (2,095 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I know. I just refunded this game. Looked really fun but EA ruins everything. I seriously haven't had Origin on my PC since I purged it after the Mass Effect Andromeda mess. Sometimes I would think the EA stigma was over blown and tad. But EA proves me wrong every time I give them a chance. 

A simple screen showing people the friends feature is down for maintenance would have save me and other customers lots of time and hassle. I cannot wait for the next new business model and innovation that tanks this company. Just like watching Blockbuster video or Gamestop  burn down. You literally cannot do any worse by your customers.

See you on the way down.

Message 14 of 82 (2,073 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

By not communicating this issue you are waisting players time searching for a solution that doesn't exist. You disabled this feature and you hoped that people didn't notice… 

Message 15 of 82 (2,051 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What the frick is going on?!

Are you serious?

Message 16 of 82 (1,972 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yup, same here. Whenever I search someone page is just blank.  Hurry up EA! Can't add friends to play with.

Message 17 of 82 (1,941 Views)

★★ Novice

This is completely ridiculous. Sure, thinks can break / go wrong. That's life. But taking more than 8 hours to fix them?

When it's prime time for your user base? Nope, not acceptable. Because guess what, many people like to play games

with their friends on a weekend! And maybe some of them (like myself) usually did that only via Steam, Battlenet, etc and thus

didn't have their friend on Origin yet...

So get some developers in the office, pay them whatever extra they get for having to work on a sunday, and FIX YOUR STUFF.

Message 18 of 82 (1,897 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I can't believe they have to remove such an important function to resolve another problem. I've cancelled my subscription as this is just terrible service.

Message 19 of 82 (1,840 Views)