sims legacy don't open

by domh999

Original Post

sims legacy don't open

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have a iMac 2011 with MacOS 10.13.6 High Sierra. I was able to  play the Sims 4 using the legacy version. But since yesterday I'm stuck in a loop: 

- The new version keeps asking for an update. I click update, a message said the update has been competed. But when I try to open it it says again I need an update. 

- I find the Legacy package under the Additional Content tab. When I click play I have this warning message (see enclosed file), I click Update and I'm back to the begining...

Please help. 

-- I edited the original message to correct Mac details and OS info--

Message 1 of 7 (621 Views)

Re: sims legacy don't open

@domh999 

I'm afraid the info you have provided about your Mac makes no sense. Macs do not run iOS, that is for iPhones, iPods and some iPads. If your Mac is a 2019 model it does not run the Legacy Edition of the game as it supports Metal - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/The-Sims-4-Legacy-Edition-thread/m-p/8420037#M22694

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 7 (591 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry I was not typing carefully. My mac is a 2011 iMac, with Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra.

Message 3 of 7 (582 Views)

@domh999

Thanks. Firstly please run the Origin reset tool - https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Then load Origin, right click on the game in your Origin games library and select Repair game.

Then load the game by double clicking on it in your Applications folder, not by clicking on the Play button in Origin.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 7 (543 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I does not worked, I still have the same warning update window. 

I run the reset tool. it went well, I got the confirmation message

Then, from Origin I was able to repair the game, I saw the progression bar till the end. 

Then I launch the game from my application folder an get the warning message again.

I run Repair Game twice and restarted my Mac. 

Message 5 of 7 (521 Views)

@domh999

Ok. I've moved your thread over to the Origin forum, hopefully the Origin helpers may recognise the error because I have never seen it before and it may not be Mac/Sims 4 specific.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 7 (512 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Update: it"s working fine when I play off line. 

Message 7 of 7 (448 Views)