Re: sims 4 wont launch

by EA_Darko

Original Post

sims 4 wont launch

★★★ Newbie

My sims4 won't launch. I downloaded the new game pack and then tried to play, I hit the play button the tab closes and then it reappears. I have restarted and reloaded my pc and origin. what do I do?

Message 1 of 18 (1,479 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @jrouse1022.

Let's start by repairing the game,  you can do this by following these steps:

1. Select My Game Library in Origin.
  2. Right-click on the game tile.
  3. Select Repair Game.

If the issue remains then grab me a DxDiag and I'll take a look at  your system and we will take it from there: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 18 (1,443 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi,

i have a very similar issue.  the game would go to the loading screen and then just stops working and it goes back to the desktop screen.

My display driver is up to date.

Message 3 of 18 (1,427 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @HALLO---DARKNESS let's start by repairing Origin by using the steps I posted above.

Can I ask, do you have any mods installed? If so can you remove them all and then try to launch the game again.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 18 (1,417 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko
Hi, i have no modes installed only some add-ons purchased from EA.
I have tried repairing the game, uninstalled it and uninstalled \origin as well. i reinstalled both and i still have the same issue. it goes to the launch screen and then it kicks me back to my desktop screen.
Message 5 of 18 (1,382 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 6 of 18 (1,256 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello

I have done the steps you poke about and it still won't launch so i am very confused.

Message 7 of 18 (1,150 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I'm getting this issue too. I have done everything the help team told me to do but it still wont launch. Can you help with this?

Thanks

Jen

Message 8 of 18 (841 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @jenthomson what exactly is happening when you try to play the game?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 9 of 18 (839 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, nothing happens when I double click to play sims. I have tried the repair, cache thing and uninstalling and installing but still nothing happens when I try to launch it. 

Thanks

Jen

Message 10 of 18 (823 Views)