Re: sims 4 steam will not install on Mac via origin

by meadhbhMurphy

Original Post

sims 4 steam will not install on Mac via origin

★★ Novice

I have two computers; I purchased sims 4 on steam on my gaming windows pc. the steam edition will not download on a Mac. I considered repurchasing sims 4 on origin on my Mac, however origin recognizes that I have already purchased the game through steam, so I cannot repurchase. When I try to download sims 4 directly through origin on my Mac, it will open up steam, but not do anything because it is the wrong operating system. However sims 4 purchased directly through origin is supposed to work for both PC and Mac. I realize I should've checked the system requirements beforehand, but how can I fix this issue?

Message 1 of 5 (6,498 Views)

@RyanTurnerArt

I believe you will have to unlink your Steam and Origin account but I have no experience of this so I have moved your post to the Origin forum. Hopefully someone will be able to help you here Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 5 (6,460 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, did you get this issue fixed? I'm having the same problem and can't find any answers.

Message 3 of 5 (6,397 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you ever find a solution? I am having this issue too... with everything on sale, I went ahead and rebought the base game for my Mac, but I have the pets expansion pack from Steam and I can't download it to to Mac ....

Message 4 of 5 (6,264 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Lynchling92  You can't use any packs bought through Steam in an Origin-only install.  Origin-bought packs transfer to a Steam install, but not the other way around.  Sorry.

By the way, this would also be true in Windows, although you could of course play through Steam on a Windows PC.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (6,259 Views)