sims 4 pc windows 10

by Daultman1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 pc windows 10

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

When i try to load sims 4 for the first time i get the messages. "The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix the problem." and "The code execution cannot procee because MSVCP140.DLL was not found. reinstalling the program may fix this problem. I tried reinstalling and repairing twice and it still gives the same issue.

How do I fix this? or would i be better off petitioning for a refund?

Message 1 of 5 (564 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 4 pc windows 10

Community Manager

Hey @Daultman1, can you try installing the most up to date version of VC++ to see if it helps.

You can find the latest version on the Microsoft website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

You need to install both of the following:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (544 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Daultman1, can you try installing the most up to date version of VC++ to see if it helps.

You can find the latest version on the Microsoft website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

You need to install both of the following:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (545 Views)

Community Manager

Did you get this sorted @Daultman1?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 3 of 5 (511 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Darko Thank you so much for this, I had the same error come up and I searched for how to get Origin downloaded and it helped. I appreciate it!

Message 4 of 5 (433 Views)

Community Manager

That's great to hear @lunaadmirer.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (400 Views)