sims 4 installation taking super long?

by flowercat13

Original Post

Re: sims 4 installation taking super long?

★★★ Newbie

when I paused it, it never restarted installing. I needed to restart everything. 

Message 91 of 138 (7,153 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm experience the same thing for the download.. it has been downloading for 3 days now.. and not only that, but every time my mac "sleeps" when I havent touched it for awhile, the downlaod pauses! So annoying! So it literally only downloads while I'm using my computer...... irritated.

Message 92 of 138 (7,143 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This is so, so, so, so late but Im gonna respond to anyone who is still having problems with this. All you have to do is restart your computer and load it up again. If you are still having problems then contact origin and report your problem.

In the case of the person who had the problem, this is where you contact origin.

Message 93 of 138 (7,126 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game downloaded in like 30 minutes but its not installing, its saying that it has been installing for the past 10 hours :/

Message 94 of 138 (7,096 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

So, to those of you who said that your Sims 4 game was just stuck on "Installing" without a percent or anything, I thought I would share what worked for me. I don't know if it'll help anyone, but I know the problem was annoying for me, so if what worked for me has a chance of working for someone else, it's worth sharing here. I literally was at my wit's end with trying things, but when I installed an updated version of my graphics card's driver and restarted my computer, everything installed without a hitch. Hope it helps some of you.

Message 95 of 138 (7,089 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi!

I have the same problem as you, but also I´m thinking about the 2 CD´s I have from the game, I don´t know the use os them and I´m thinking if the download is from internet or from the CD.... I´m quite lost... Frown

Message 96 of 138 (7,072 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just going to throw this option out there because this is what I did and now the game is (fingers crossed).... running. We bought the digital version and downloaded through Origin. The download itself took like 8 hours. However, it is important to disable any "Sleep modes" you have because the download will pause every time your computer goes to sleep.

The installation part is what really annoyed me. It took, literally, two days. And that was without any progress actually listed in the status bar. Would just scroll a pattern in the progress bar and say "Installing". In addition, I didn't even have the option to pause or stop as those buttons were not even lit up. 

After reading some tips on EA  https://help.ea.com/en/article/my-game-downloaded-through-origin-but-will-not-install/

I did the following:

1) On the desktop or in your list of programs, Right click the Origins program and click "Run as Administrator".

2) If it still doesn't work:

1. Close the Origin client. 
  2. Click the Windows button and type "UAC" in the search field. 
  3. In the User Access Control window, click-and-hold the slide bar and slide it to the lowest setting available. 
  4. Click Ok at the bottom of the window. 
  5. Open the Origin client and attempt to complete the game install by clicking Install on the selected game

3)In addition, I also Right-clicked on the Origins program and did a Compatability Troubleshoot and it did change a setting. Not sure if this also contributed.  
    4)And last, but not least, another user here had said to close out of Origins once you started the install, (it runs in the background) so that is the last thing I did after the above options. Within 10 minutes, I heard a beep, opened the program and low and behold...The Install button now said PLAY! My daughter is playing now, so we will see......
Message 97 of 138 (75,302 Views)

★★★ Newbie

my sims 4 has taken an hour and a half 

and it was really fustrating so all the time i had my fingers crossed!! Fingers crossedFingers crossed

Message 98 of 138 (7,007 Views)

★★★ Newbie

my sims 4 has taken an hour and a half 

and it was really fustrating so all the time i had my fingers crossed!! Fingers crossed

Message 99 of 138 (5,616 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Mine has been downloading for 2 days and I've tried putting it to run as administrator and now I don't know what to do. Help! It's on 89%
Message 100 of 138 (5,566 Views)