sims 4 installation taking super long?

by flowercat13

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 installation taking super long?

★★★ Newbie

So I bought the sims 4, and it automatically started downloading from origin once I put the code in. I didn't realize that apparently there's a way to install it with just the disks (I bought the hard copy in store) until it had already downloaded. My issue is that it has finally successfully downloaded (took nearly a day and a half), but it has now been "installing" for the past 4 hours. I really didn't want to cancel the installation after waiting so long for it to finally get past the downloading point, but even after I caved and restarted my computer (the only way I could shut down origin), when I opened it again it was still "installing". 

Does anyone know why it is taking so long to install even after it said it was done downloading? Also, if I give up waiting another day, does anyone know how to stop an installation on origin? I tried exiting out, restarting my computer, but once I log back on to origin it still says the game is "installing".

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Message 1 of 138 (148,569 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 4 installation taking super long?

★★★ Newbie

Just going to throw this option out there because this is what I did and now the game is (fingers crossed).... running. We bought the digital version and downloaded through Origin. The download itself took like 8 hours. However, it is important to disable any "Sleep modes" you have because the download will pause every time your computer goes to sleep.

The installation part is what really annoyed me. It took, literally, two days. And that was without any progress actually listed in the status bar. Would just scroll a pattern in the progress bar and say "Installing". In addition, I didn't even have the option to pause or stop as those buttons were not even lit up. 

After reading some tips on EA  https://help.ea.com/en/article/my-game-downloaded-through-origin-but-will-not-install/

I did the following:

1) On the desktop or in your list of programs, Right click the Origins program and click "Run as Administrator".

2) If it still doesn't work:

1. Close the Origin client. 
  2. Click the Windows button and type "UAC" in the search field. 
  3. In the User Access Control window, click-and-hold the slide bar and slide it to the lowest setting available. 
  4. Click Ok at the bottom of the window. 
  5. Open the Origin client and attempt to complete the game install by clicking Install on the selected game

3)In addition, I also Right-clicked on the Origins program and did a Compatability Troubleshoot and it did change a setting. Not sure if this also contributed.  
    4)And last, but not least, another user here had said to close out of Origins once you started the install, (it runs in the background) so that is the last thing I did after the above options. Within 10 minutes, I heard a beep, opened the program and low and behold...The Install button now said PLAY! My daughter is playing now, so we will see......

View in thread

Message 97 of 138 (75,274 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

got a good pc and the same issue, help pls..

Message 2 of 138 (147,984 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

yea i have the  same issue, too slow a install

Message 3 of 138 (147,950 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having the very same issue
Message 4 of 138 (147,869 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same thing is happening for me too. I'm getting a quite irritated.

Message 5 of 138 (147,741 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My download is taking a really long time, too. In the past, The Sims 3 NEVER took this long on this same computer. I was so excited to play tonight, but I think it's going to take 20 hours to download. And that doesn't even include installation time. Frown

Message 6 of 138 (147,666 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah same problem here, my game is downloading and progressing at 1% every half an hour...

Message 7 of 138 (147,580 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine did this and found it so frustrating - 3% took over an hour!

I closed my download, logged out of origin nd retsrted it all and now 15% has taken less than 10minutes!

Definately worth a try if you're having issues Standard smile

Message 8 of 138 (147,359 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Mine is to! Only had it a few hours and it's been installing since then and only in 7% what do we do? Is there any way we can get around this super long and agonising wait!!!!
Message 9 of 138 (147,028 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh thank goodness it's not just me... I thought my computer didn't have the right system requirements. I was so scared.

Message 10 of 138 (146,811 Views)