Re: sims 4 installation taking super long?

by Xentryk

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Hello everyone! I think I may have figured this little problem out. I had the exact same problem as you all. I got the Sims 4 game as soon as it came out. I didn't get to install it until recently because my laptop didn't suport it. A few days ago, I finally installed it onto my origin. After that, problem after problem toppled over me like an avalanche. It took over 24 hours just to get to 25% downloaded. I checked online everywhere for answers and I even contacted origin. Everything that everyone recommended wasn't working; my connection was fine. I was beyond frustrated. I logged out of origin and restarted my computer. It turns out that origin needed a "crucial update". After it upldated, it said that my game was fully downloaded and now it's copying. I hope this helps you all out!

-Emily Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 21 of 138 (20,826 Views)

★★ Novice
I too am having problems with installing the Sims 4. It freezes my entire computer each time at 6% and I'm tired of restarting my computer. I've been doing this all day. I would.like to play the game this weekend. I would love some assistance. Its not my WiFi because I've used several different wifis it just still freezes. I saw others have the same problem and I know it can't be all our our WiFi. So please can someone help me? Thank you in advance ☺
Message 22 of 138 (20,743 Views)

★ Novice

I took one day, got frustrated and found your answer.  Within 5 mins I was playing game.  Thanks matee.

Message 23 of 138 (20,615 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Am so disappointed I brought the sims 4 for my daughter for her birthday but we are nearly 24 hours in of down loading and are only on 80%
Message 24 of 138 (20,559 Views)

★ Novice

mine takes long too. you guys just have to be patient this game takes up 8gb thats why its taking so long, its because the bigger the gb is the longer it takes because it takes up so much space on your computer

@flowercat13 wrote:

So I bought the sims 4, and it automatically started downloading from origin once I put the code in. I didn't realize that apparently there's a way to install it with just the disks (I bought the hard copy in store) until it had already downloaded. My issue is that it has finally successfully downloaded (took nearly a day and a half), but it has now been "installing" for the past 4 hours. I really didn't want to cancel the installation after waiting so long for it to finally get past the downloading point, but even after I caved and restarted my computer (the only way I could shut down origin), when I opened it again it was still "installing". 

Does anyone know why it is taking so long to install even after it said it was done downloading? Also, if I give up waiting another day, does anyone know how to stop an installation on origin? I tried exiting out, restarting my computer, but once I log back on to origin it still says the game is "installing".

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Mine is taking really long too, just be patient because it takes up 8GB on your computer and the more the GB is the more space it will take up on your computer and the longer it will take too, ya i hate it but i just have to be patient

Message 25 of 138 (20,541 Views)

★ Novice

I am at 14% right now and just that too like 20 mins

Message 26 of 138 (20,543 Views)

★ Novice

Ya same I was so so so excited to play and i thought right when i put the disk in my laptop i was gonna play but i got so mad once i found out i had to wait like a day for it to stop downloading

Message 27 of 138 (20,543 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
I cant even play.
Message 28 of 138 (20,535 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm downloading through crossover on a mac. Same problem.

Message 29 of 138 (20,349 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
I have just bought the disc version, and when I went to install it, it took really long to even get 20 MB downloaded. Luckily I didn't have the problem with downloading via the site, it just said "copying". After a while it just din't progress, so I cancelled the download, exited Origin and restarted my laptop. After that, I tried to download it using the "Setup.exe" method. While it was downloading, I decided to see if it helped if I put it in airplane mode, and it did! The game is installing pretty fast now, atleast faster then before. Hope this helps Standard smile

Edit: a few minutes after posting this, Origin just disappeared! Like it crashed or something... I'll try this again and see if it works.

2nd edit: after starting Origin again, it told me that Sims 4 can't be downloaded offline Frown
Message 30 of 138 (20,098 Views)