Re: redeeming a code

by EA_Ataashi

Original Post

redeeming a code

★ Newbie

I'm unable to redeem a code on the games library screen on the origin interface as the add game button is unresponsive

Message 1 of 5 (476 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @2zmd44i6nf0j

Have you tried to reinstall the application to see if it will solve the problem? Wondering

You might also try to redeem the code via Origin website.

Screenshot_1.png

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 5 (471 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Ataashi

I also have problems redeeming codes. However, these are old codes. Such as:

1. BF 1942 (just the DLCs)
  2. BF Vietnam 
  3. NFS Underground 1 & 2
  4. NFS Most Wanted (2005)
  5. NFS Carbon
  6. NFS Porsche Unleashed (probs not gonna happen, but worth a shot)

Best regards, 

L

Message 3 of 5 (357 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Lunelli_98

Some of the older codes might not be recognised by Origin application at this point. I suggest getting in touch with our live support. Our game advisers should be able to confirm if there's any way for those games to be added to your EA account.

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 5 (325 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Ataashi

I just think it is very weird that some old codes work. I know that BF 1942 works (worked for me at least) but it probably worked because back in 2012, EA made it free for its 10th anniversary.

I also have BF 2142 on origin, however, what i dont understand is why bother do a digital version of the game and not resuscitate its main server, because without it, people can't log in to play. 

I hope in a close future, we will have these games in origin, because if they are on origin and for sale for $10 or less, it is gonna be $10 very well spent 😉

Have a nice weekend, 

L

Message 5 of 5 (315 Views)