" too many computers have accessed this accounts version of DisplayName field m

by FancyZebra1

Original Post

Re: " too many computers have accessed this accounts version of DisplayName

Hero (Retired)

@DankPulse Sadly no one can fix it for you its a security protection for accounts  It should start to work again after 24hrs. 

Message 11 of 28 (3,002 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had the same problem but with Apex. I'm using geforce now so that was the source of the problem for me.

I enabled two factor authentication and it solved the problem instantly. (Support said it can take a little time.)

Probably i should have enabled 2fa already and strongly advice everyone to do this anyway.

The error should be more clear and maybe it should tell people to enable 2fa anyway.

Message 12 of 28 (2,769 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same

Message 13 of 28 (2,369 Views)

★ Novice

mine still doesnt work and i have geforce now it hasnt worked for about a year now

Message 14 of 28 (2,349 Views)

★ Novice

Today I got the same Error Message, I played Apex Legens over NVIDIA GeForce NOW. I'm also have 2FA activated.

Message 15 of 28 (2,263 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thats because you acess things from a server, in which your server might change each time. so your acessing from too many ports at a time

Message 16 of 28 (2,194 Views)

★ Novice

I also have a similar issue where because my computer is not good enough to run these games I have to use a program call GeForce now where it streams games from their really good computers to your and you control what happens through your computer. But because it uses a new computer every time I play after this 5th time re-launching the game I get that error. The error is to prevent people from using the same account on many devices but that's dumb. It is supposed to be a fail-safe for when people to pirate the game or hack an account. Ea pls remove the feature.

Message 17 of 28 (2,159 Views)

★ Apprentice

Greetings all,

I can confirm that this works. For anyone using Geforce Now still receiving the 'Too many computers..." error, simply login to your EA account, navigate to "Security" tab and click on "Login Verification". Choose email, phone number etc.. EA will send you a verification code to your communication option of choice. Enter this code in the box. Once complete and verified, login through Geforce Now again with your account, it will ask you to verify again via your choice (Email, phone etc..) Enter the next code, and you should have no problems.

The issue is GeForce Now logs each session as a virtual computer in a different location each login, which Origin/EA flags as suspicious. No need to wait 24 hours with this method though Standard smile

As a note: You will have to re-verify each login! this will not permanently fix the problem or allow you to fluidly pass through the Origin login process when playing Apex Legends. However, it is a temporary workaround. Also, it is possible you will have to occasionally login to your EA account, navigate to "security" and under trusted devices, choose remove trusted devices. EA/Origin, please fix this issue regarding GeForce Now compatibility.

Cheers

Message 18 of 28 (2,051 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Damn I tried this and unfortunately it didn't work for me. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Edit: It did work but only after I added a backup email on top of all of these steps, thanks very much

Message 19 of 28 (2,020 Views)

★ Apprentice
@3L_Tac0man Did you also try to delete all the trusted devices under the Security tab?
Message 20 of 28 (2,012 Views)