"Too many computers have accessed"

by AsakuraZ

Original Post

"Too many computers have accessed"

★★★ Newbie

Getting the following error message when booting up BFV

"too many computers have accessed this account's version of displayname field missing from registry recently please try again later"

I believe someone used my account and afterwards I updated my security settings. 

Is there a way to gain access to my game again? 

Message 1 of 7 (1,622 Views)

Re: "Too many computers have accessed"

Community Manager

@AsakuraZ

This issue will resolve itself after approximately 24hrs.

Checking and modifying your security settings (if required) is the correct thing to do here.

Enabling two factor authentication (login verification) is advised if you have not already done so.

Please see the following link for info on that:

https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-maintain-account-security/

Thank you.

barry.png
Message 2 of 7 (1,591 Views)

Community Manager

@AsakuraZ Firstly, if you believe that someone has used your account then I would suggest speaking with our live support so as to fully resecure your account and ensure that no one has unauthorised access. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat

As for the error message, when you see this error all you can do is give it some time, I know it's not ideal but the only way to make it go away is to give it a few hours before you try playing again. You see the message if your account and game have been accessed on multiple devices in a short space of time.

Let us know how you get on.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 3 of 7 (1,591 Views)

★ Apprentice
Why does your account not have authentication....don't you own a mobile?
Message 4 of 7 (1,580 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I spent my entire exhausting day at work waiting to play BF5 today using the new RTX, the game loaded fine and I saw the feature wasn't available so I proceeded to update my windows build to 1809. Now the game refuses to work as well as some cases giving me this "too many computers" error. If I have to wait another 24hrs, I will be extremely unsatisfied with this poorly optimized game client and drop my premier subscription. Can anything else be done to correct this because this is causing too much stress than there should be.

Message 5 of 7 (1,501 Views)

★★★ Newbie
You have any luck? Did it resolve after 24 hours or not? I'm right there with you I'm about to get a refund I haven't been able to play it at all.
Message 6 of 7 (1,489 Views)

★★ Novice

I have three pc and I like to use them all why do you stop me frustrating

Message 7 of 7 (488 Views)