"Origin was unable to download your game"

by shicchan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Origin was unable to download your game"

★★★ Newbie

Yesterday I had tried to install the Final Stand expansion for Battlefield 4, as I had not played in a few months and wanted to get back into the game. So I let my computer idle for a bit, occasionally checking up on it. At one point I realized that the download progress had actually went backwards, from around 3.2 GB completed to 1.9 GB completed. I thought nothing of it and just let it keep downloading. Eventually, when it got to around 50%, I had checked up on it again. I ended up pausing it as I had to do something online and when I unpaused it I was given an error that said "We're sorry, Origin was unable to download your game. Please check your internet connection, or try again later."

Now anytime I try to download it again, I always get this error. Please help me fix this, thank you.

Message 1 of 27 (17,162 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Origin was unable to download your game"

EA DICE Team

@OwlMan5000

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are unable to download the game. Have you been able to download and play since you've posted?

If not, then have a look at the following information:

• Clear the Origin cache, run as admin
  • Turn on Safe Mode Downloading via Origin -> Application Settings -> Diagnostics

How do I fix Connection issues with Origin?
If you can’t connect to Origin, it’s usually due to a blockage of data somewhere along the route of your Internet connection.

Some of the things that can get between Origin and the Internet can be:

• Firewalls and Internet Security Software: Make sure that you’ve added the Origin client as an exception to any Firewalls or other Internet Security Software, like Ad-Block, you may have running so that your connection to our servers isn’t blocked.
  • Your software may even have some Internet ports blocked. If so, the following are used by the Origin client and must be open for a smooth connection:
    • TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
    • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

Let me know if that helps.

View in thread

Message 4 of 27 (16,689 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

Origin is experiencing some server issues right now. 

Message 2 of 27 (17,087 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have this problem now with bf1 

Message 3 of 27 (16,704 Views)

EA DICE Team

@OwlMan5000

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are unable to download the game. Have you been able to download and play since you've posted?

If not, then have a look at the following information:

• Clear the Origin cache, run as admin
  • Turn on Safe Mode Downloading via Origin -> Application Settings -> Diagnostics

How do I fix Connection issues with Origin?
If you can’t connect to Origin, it’s usually due to a blockage of data somewhere along the route of your Internet connection.

Some of the things that can get between Origin and the Internet can be:

• Firewalls and Internet Security Software: Make sure that you’ve added the Origin client as an exception to any Firewalls or other Internet Security Software, like Ad-Block, you may have running so that your connection to our servers isn’t blocked.
  • Your software may even have some Internet ports blocked. If so, the following are used by the Origin client and must be open for a smooth connection:
    • TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
    • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

Let me know if that helps.

Message 4 of 27 (16,690 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having a simallr issue, but with the Sims 4. I cannot update my game, and it's not letting me download the latest updates. It's saying 'cannot verify files at this time' 

I need HELP please!!!!

Having this issue for about a week now...

Message 5 of 27 (14,432 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having a similar issue. mines saying that origin is unable to download sims at that time for the past week.

Message 6 of 27 (14,420 Views)

Community Manager

@Ariana13579@xfairysimmerx Are you playing on a PC or a Mac?

Darko.png
Message 7 of 27 (14,400 Views)

★★ Novice

I spoke to somebody on live and they said it is a known issue for those on mac... just waiting for it to be fixed

Message 8 of 27 (14,395 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue on my mac. Sims 4 won't update but I need to update to play the game. Says "verifying game files" then says "download error" "We're sorry, Origin was unable to download your game. Please check your internet connection, or try again later." But I have internet connection. Help please!!!!

Message 9 of 27 (14,326 Views)

★ Novice

Ugh I'm having the same problem and it's really annoying someone please help!

Message 10 of 27 (14,244 Views)