"Origin installation requires an internet connection"???

by gonevalley9

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Origin installation requires an internet connection"???

★★★★ Novice

I've been going through EA Desktop to launch my games as of late, but since I have been getting one particular error message whenever I launch The Sims 3, no matter what it's launched through, I decided to open Origin and see what the error was, but I could not open the application and got the same error message that I have been having. As well, when I attempted to launch The Sims 3 from its desktop shortcut, all I got was the error message. The game launcher did not start.

This error message says as follows: 

"Origin installation requires an internet connection, but we were unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection and try again. You may also download the latest version of Origin here:" and then it links to an Origin Setup download link.

I am connected to the internet, and I have had Origin installed on my current laptop since it was purchased not even a year ago. 

Help!!! (attached is a screenshot of the error message)

Message 1 of 5 (1,077 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Origin installation requires an internet connection"???

Community Manager

Hey @DepaX3 can you go ahead and try the following:

• Close Origin completely by right clicking the Origin system tray icon and selecting Exit.
  • Make sure Time/Date is correctly set on the PC
  • Make sure Origin is authorized by your anti-virus and firewall
  • Reset Internet Explorer Settings
  • Untick the options in LAN Settings ( make sure nothing is checked under Proxy Server )

Disable Changing Internet Explorer’s Proxy Settings:

a. Type gpedit.msc in the Start menu’s search box and then press Enter.

b. Navigate to User ConfigurationAdministrative TemplatesWindows Components, and then select Internet Explorer in the left column of the Group Policy editor.

c. Double-click Disable changing proxy settings in the Settings section of the Group Policy editor.

d. Select Enable and then click OK to save the changes.

• Clear Origin Cache Data
  • Reset the Windows Host File
  • Reboot your computer. Now right-click Origin and select Run as administrator
  • If still unresolved, please do a clean boot

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (1,024 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide
@gonevalley9 Check your antivirus and firewall and see if Origin is being blocked.
Message 2 of 5 (1,045 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @DepaX3 can you go ahead and try the following:

• Close Origin completely by right clicking the Origin system tray icon and selecting Exit.
  • Make sure Time/Date is correctly set on the PC
  • Make sure Origin is authorized by your anti-virus and firewall
  • Reset Internet Explorer Settings
  • Untick the options in LAN Settings ( make sure nothing is checked under Proxy Server )

Disable Changing Internet Explorer’s Proxy Settings:

a. Type gpedit.msc in the Start menu’s search box and then press Enter.

b. Navigate to User ConfigurationAdministrative TemplatesWindows Components, and then select Internet Explorer in the left column of the Group Policy editor.

c. Double-click Disable changing proxy settings in the Settings section of the Group Policy editor.

d. Select Enable and then click OK to save the changes.

• Clear Origin Cache Data
  • Reset the Windows Host File
  • Reboot your computer. Now right-click Origin and select Run as administrator
  • If still unresolved, please do a clean boot

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 5 (1,025 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have got the same issue except I can't install Origin at all. I keep getting a no internet connection message even though I am connected to the internet. PLEASE HELP! I've tried everything after looking this up! I bought my game on steam and I'm trying to open it from there but it isn't working!

Message 4 of 5 (781 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @JulieFritz, can you ensure that you are running the Origin installer as administrator and that your firewall and anti-virus are not blocking Origin and that you also have the ports for Origin open.

The ports to open are:

• TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
  • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

You can also try turning off the routers firewall to see if it helps.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (729 Views)