Re: "Origin installation requires an internet connection" I'm online..

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Origin installation requires an internet connection" I'm online.....

★★★ Novice

I've been having this problem for the past few days. I hadn't been on my laptop for a week or so but I booted up my laptop to check out some games and am greeted with that "Origin Installation requires an internet connection etc etc" message. (In picture.) I clicked the link it gave me to install origin again but it still gave me that message when installing. I checked the forums and found some solutions however I'm kind of afraid to try any of them because of the fear I will just ruin my computer lol. Some solutions I saw was checking my firewall, which I did as at this point I only have Malwarebytes and Windows Firewall. When I check my windows firewall I see nothing showing origin. I then tried to uninstall it and it said that windows could not find the origin uninstall client. I then saw that I could do a "Clean Boot" but that seems kinda risky and a bit overboard. I also saw something about uninstalling origin in a different way. I just need some guidance. I'm a bit scared and a bit angry because like so many I dumped a lot of money and time into Sims 4... i'm okay with loosing files or game progress though.

Message 1 of 4 (969 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @sicksicksickzz.

When this issue occurs you can fix it if you take a couple of minutes to go through the following steps:

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (948 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @sicksicksickzz.

When this issue occurs you can fix it if you take a couple of minutes to go through the following steps:

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (949 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Thanks for replying. But I found a fix on my own!!! I just installed origin again but ran the install thing as an admin and things seem to be okay. I’ll reply if anything happens again
Message 3 of 4 (918 Views)

Community Manager

That's great to hear @sicksicksickzz, I may move the run Origin as administrator step up higher in the order in my post above.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (908 Views)