"Incorrect email address" - message when trying to change the email

by RaktoriFIFA

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Incorrect email address" - message when trying to change the email

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello!

I would like to change the email linked to my EA- account, but every time I type in my new email, it just gives me the message: "Incorrect email address.". It is a gmail- formed address, and has been existing for a while.

Any help?

Message 1 of 3 (245 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Incorrect email address" - message when trying to change the emai

Community Manager

Hey @RaktoriFIFA it's most likely the case that the email you are trying to use is already linked to an EA Account.

You can check this by opening Origin and on the sign-in page hit forgot password and enter the email that you are trying to use. If it is already tied to an EA Account you will get a password reset email.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (233 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @RaktoriFIFA 

If you have problem with your mail account, EA Assistance can help you. Try to contact them by mail, phone ,chat.... but unfortunately we can not do much more on this community forum.

You need an Advisor to look this with you. Contact with an EA Game Advisor as below:

Click the following link to get started: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?category=demo-beta

For help on how to contact an Advisor please use this link: http://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-Help-Beta/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/td-p/...

I warn you that there is a lot of waiting right now and they are working on it.

Good luck!

If we have answer to your question please accept solution, if you like a post please granted xp Standard smile.

Message 2 of 3 (236 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @RaktoriFIFA it's most likely the case that the email you are trying to use is already linked to an EA Account.

You can check this by opening Origin and on the sign-in page hit forgot password and enter the email that you are trying to use. If it is already tied to an EA Account you will get a password reset email.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 3 (234 Views)