Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

"Hard Drive is Full, You are out of space on your designated Hard Drive"

by LuckyDucck

Original Post

Re: "Hard Drive is Full, You are out of space on your designated Hard Drive

★★★★ Novice

Every time I start Origin up now I get 20 messages saying my hard drive is full even though I have 3.5 TB space available. So having Witcher 3 installed I have to click 20 hard drive full messages before being able to do anything.

Message 11 of 99 (647 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@MikeJezZ This exact same thing happens to me, glad we are on the same boat. I am hoping for a solution, I was lied to by EA support when I contacted them. They specifically said, "This problem is very new and we are working on making a fix." With enough research you can easily see this problem occurred in 2013 as well, and no one fixed it.
Message 12 of 99 (623 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same problem here, bought The Witcher 3 yesterday. 

Message 13 of 99 (552 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Same problem here. The game downloads, but all DLCs are unavailable and Origin client says "Hard drive is full"!!! Please fix this ORIGIN!!!

Message 14 of 99 (532 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh hey I've also had this problem with Awakened. Literally just bought it and have spent hours trying to find a solution, seems a lot of people have had problems with it in particular? Base game will install fine, but if I try to include the expansion in the main install or install it separately it just tells me my hard drive is full and refuses to download it.

Message 15 of 99 (510 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@MikeJezZ Same problem here didn't start until today. I'm pissed cause I made it to the last stretch of the game and origin updated automatically overnight. The update uninstalled all my addons and now I can't redownload them and cant continue my save without them. I will never use origin or play ea games again
Message 16 of 99 (502 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's been a week since I had this problem and many other fellow Origin users have reported alongside to have the same problem, yet to no avail, there have been zero useful solutions.

Better yet, I ended up getting a new hard drive from when I needed one a long time ago (not because of this), I made a few mistakes and now sadly there isn't any data left on my hard drives anymore. It was so funny when I reinstalled Origin and had to then reinstall The Witcher 3, that with the 3 TERABYTES of space I have FREE, I still kept on getting a hard drive is full issue. It is plainly a Origin issue. What I don't understand, is that an easy fix to the problem would have been allowing people to download content regardless of space. Why disallow downloads if there is little space, why can't that error come up later when downloading or through preallocation.

Message 17 of 99 (412 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've also had this problem with  two weeks.

I try any way,but it doesn't work!

Many people have the same problems with me.

Where is "EA Help"?

Where is "Origin's team"?

Do you have to solve the problem seriously?

We are very disappointed and angry!!!!!

Message 18 of 99 (389 Views)

★★★★ Novice

just tried this and still no luck.... funny thing is now the damned error pops up when i have origin running and i am not downloading or trying to download anything on it

Message 19 of 99 (347 Views)

★★★ Newbie

IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM.. ANYONE FIND A SOLUTION YET ?

Message 20 of 99 (344 Views)