ERROR MESSAGE: Hard drive is full

by Sitmech

Original Post

Re: Origin is incorrectly reading my hard drive space

Community Manager

Hey all, thanks for your patience while we look into this.

We have raised it with the Origin team and they are investigating. 

As soon as I have any information that I can share I will. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 161 of 259 (1,231 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Straatford87 Hey any help for Mac users?
Message 162 of 259 (1,190 Views)

@MaebyLynn  If you're playing Sims 4, there's an ongoing thread in the TS4 Mac section about this issue.  If the suggested steps don't help you, please post in that thread providing the info asked for in the third post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Hard-disk-full-but-not-really/m-p/8178403#M20186

If you're playing a different game, it would probably be better to start your own thread asking for help.  Please list your hard drive's free storage, and post a screenshot of the error you see.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 163 of 259 (1,177 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict That's the most helpful answer I've ever read on this forum
Message 164 of 259 (1,152 Views)

Re: "Hard Drive is Full, You are out of space on your designated Hard Drive

★ Novice

I am having the same exact issue. Has anyone been able to solve this?

Message 165 of 259 (846 Views)

Re: "Hard Drive is Full, You are out of space on your designated Hard Drive

★★★★ Apprentice
@thedocneptune simply.... Nope
Message 166 of 259 (832 Views)
Highlighted

ERROR MESSAGE: Hard drive is full

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello,

After 3 or 4 tickets opened through ORIGIN without any reply I am forced to come to these forums to seek some help. I will be honest this is EXTREMELY frustrating since this error is preventing me from accessing my library for over 4 days now.
First I have ORIGING installed on a secondary SSD with 1GB of space, with the directory for the games being inside of the actual directory for ORIGIN, I have done this numerous times with no issue. As soon as I try to instal a game this message comes up and basically WON´T DISAPPEAR. The stupid thing about this is that the game installs normally, since there is space, but the message stays up prompting me to submit an error report. Which I have done multiple times thinking that would be the end of that. But here I am still with no answer from ANYONE at all, from all the game platforms I use this is the first time I get no help at all from one, not even an aknowledgement of the error being submitted.
NOW, I open ORIGIN and the error message opens with it and wont let me CLICK on anything at all. I am unable to use it all together.

I have seen a few messages about this on GOOGLE and there is someone (from EA) actually asking people to download a previous version, etc.
Well since I cant use the platform at all I did this only to realize that no only the problem didnt go away but its insane to try and run origin offline, you need to log out, when you are back online (obviously it will update and the error comes back), I mean, it is a nightmare and a waste of time to manage this. EVEN IF "NO SPACE ON  YOUR HARD DRIVE", surely it would be nice to have the platform usable? At the moment re-installing, deleting the appd data folder etc makes no difference. Even if I want to check the drive and change anything I can´t clik on any option due to the error message.

Please give me a clue to solve this, I would like to purely inform I am confortable dealing with a PC and Windows.

Best regards,

M

PS: Edited for clean up

Message 167 of 259 (830 Views)

Re: ERROR MESSAGE: Hard drive is full

★★★★ Novice

Same. It’s almost as if EA doesn’t want to make money anymore. Seriously, f EA. Gonna only buy games on steam now. 

Message 168 of 259 (778 Views)

Re: Battlfield V wont let me update

Community Manager
Hey all, as I said in my previous post the Origin team are aware of the issue and working on a fix. As soon as we have any further updates we will let you know.

Thank you for your patience while we look into this.

Darko
Darko.png
Message 169 of 259 (759 Views)

Re: Battlfield V wont let me update

★★ Novice

Hi,

I dont know what post this is. Nor the one people refer to here.One thing I would like to point out is that I am unable to use the platform at all, is there a workaround? I can´t download anymore games or even play the only one I managed to donwload.

I will wait a couple of days, I will gladly buy the games I like on another platform and delete Origin, you offer no answer to the problem in any way.

Marco C.

Message 170 of 259 (743 Views)