Re: "Hard Drive is Full, You are out of space on your designated Hard Drive

by LuckyDucck

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
@MikeJezZ Same problem here didn't start until today. I'm pissed cause I made it to the last stretch of the game and origin updated automatically overnight. The update uninstalled all my addons and now I can't redownload them and cant continue my save without them. I will never use origin or play ea games again
Message 61 of 259 (1,822 Views)

Re: Origin is incorrectly reading my hard drive space

★★★★ Novice
@Kraton_Haddock Im having exactly the same problem, in the same game, my Dead Space 3 downloads normally, but the Awakened DLC always gets the message error: Not Enough Space... I've already tried everything, but nothing works.. I hope for a fast solution, my savegame only opens if Awakened DLC is installed
Message 62 of 259 (4,681 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

It's been a week since I had this problem and many other fellow Origin users have reported alongside to have the same problem, yet to no avail, there have been zero useful solutions.

Better yet, I ended up getting a new hard drive from when I needed one a long time ago (not because of this), I made a few mistakes and now sadly there isn't any data left on my hard drives anymore. It was so funny when I reinstalled Origin and had to then reinstall The Witcher 3, that with the 3 TERABYTES of space I have FREE, I still kept on getting a hard drive is full issue. It is plainly a Origin issue. What I don't understand, is that an easy fix to the problem would have been allowing people to download content regardless of space. Why disallow downloads if there is little space, why can't that error come up later when downloading or through preallocation.

Message 63 of 259 (1,730 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The solution to this thread helped me. Cheers!

Quick note to add to the solution: If you can't delete the Origin folder in ProgramData due to being "open in another program", start task manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) and in the "Processes" tab, kill the processes for "Origin" and "OriginWebHelperService" (by right-clicking them and clicking "End process"). Also do a quick sweep of the other processes, and make sure no other Origin-related processes are running (such as OriginClientService).

Basically, Windows will not let you modify or delete files if a process is using them, and just closing Origin does not stop the background tasks. Once you've killed all processes related to Origin, you can freely delete the Origin folder in ProgramData.

Thought I'd mention it because I noticed a few comments related to this specific issue.

Message 64 of 259 (4,641 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've also had this problem with  two weeks.

I try any way,but it doesn't work!

Many people have the same problems with me.

Where is "EA Help"?

Where is "Origin's team"?

Do you have to solve the problem seriously?

We are very disappointed and angry!!!!!

Message 65 of 259 (1,706 Views)

★ Novice

just tried this and still no luck.... funny thing is now the damned error pops up when i have origin running and i am not downloading or trying to download anything on it

Message 66 of 259 (1,664 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Kraton_Haddock  @fmaga24 @sk1lld @KiRA666_DC @jbondguy007 

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble downloading your Dead Space 3 DLC.

We're investigating what's causing this issue. It would help us if you could provide an Origin Error Report after having tried the download:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-use-origin-error-reporting/

Please reply to this thread with the Report ID number, and we'll check it out.

Thanks!

Message 67 of 259 (4,586 Views)

★★★ Newbie

IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM.. ANYONE FIND A SOLUTION YET ?

Message 68 of 259 (1,663 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all we are currently investigating this issue.

In order to get to the bottom of it would it be possible for anyone who is seeing the issue to provide an Origin Error Report: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-use-origin-error-reporting/

You can respond here and let me know your Report ID number.

Thanks for your patience.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 69 of 259 (2,071 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Make sure that u have enough free space on disk with temp system/user folder (u can check it by Win+r, write cmd /k set t and press enter) and you must have the appropriate permissions to this folder.. Can't tell what is "free space" mean, its depending what kind content will be installed, in some cases u need almost the same "temp space" as it for the full game...

Message 70 of 259 (2,061 Views)