Re: "Hard Drive is Full, You are out of space on your designated Hard Drive

by GallantGryphonic

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

same thing happened to me yesterday also, did the same troubleshooting and it was with the same game too (witcher 3) and the client wont even let me access origin period rn, everytime i close the error it pops up again instantly and i cant do anything about it

Message 51 of 259 (5,462 Views)

Re: Origin is incorrectly reading my hard drive space

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have completely reinstalled Origin from scratch, gave it a custom download location, gave it custom download locations both for game downloads AND for everything that normally goes in the Program Data folder, AND I have over 550GB of free space on my hard drive, yet Dead Space 3 + Awakened DLC (a little over 10GB according to Origin) still won't install past 23% claiming I've run out of space. I've done everything that everyone else has suggested to try, but now not only can I not even REINSTALL Dead Space 3 (it was already installed before this), but I've managed to reinstall Sims 4 + all my DLCs for it which is 14.73GB according to Origin, which PROVES I had enough space to download, just Origin refuses to download for Dead Space 3 for some reason.

Edit: Nope, APPARENTLY it only refuses to download past 23% if I try downloading Dead Space 3 AND Awakened DLC at the same time. I just installed Dead Space 3 successfully again, but it yet again says I'm out of space if I try downloading Awakened. Clearly it's a bug with the Awakened DLC, and EA either needs to patch it or give me my money back because they sold me a useless defective software that won't even download.

Message 52 of 259 (5,699 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@EA_Darko wrote:

Hey @Crispium and @LuckyDucck would you both mind clearing your Origin Cache and then trying the download again to see if it makes a difference.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origi

Darko

I bought witcher 3 last weekend.

your solution does not work..... -_- ;;

Message 53 of 259 (5,422 Views)

★★ Novice

Every time I start Origin up now I get 20 messages saying my hard drive is full even though I have 3.5 TB space available. So having Witcher 3 installed I have to click 20 hard drive full messages before being able to do anything.

Message 54 of 259 (2,585 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@MikeJezZ This exact same thing happens to me, glad we are on the same boat. I am hoping for a solution, I was lied to by EA support when I contacted them. They specifically said, "This problem is very new and we are working on making a fix." With enough research you can easily see this problem occurred in 2013 as well, and no one fixed it.
Message 55 of 259 (2,561 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The same thing is happening to me. I've restarted my computer multiple times and I've deleted and reinstalled the Origin launcher and I'm still getting the "Hard drive is full" even though I have 266 GB of free space. My storage is the NTFS type and I'm unable to access the Origin settings because the popup won't close. I only have one hard drive for storage so I can't put any files anywhere else. I'm not even downloading a game anymore and the "Hard drive is full" is still coming up. I've tried deleting games to free up even more space but nothing changes. I can't play any games or use the Origin launcher whatsoever. Whatever the problem is, I've tried everything and believe it is something wrong with EA's faulty launcher.

Message 56 of 259 (5,570 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Same problem here, 240 GB of free storage on Hard Drive and says I don't have enough HD space? So I completely uninstalled Origin, %programdata%, %appdata% scoured the registry and uninstalled all traces of EA and Origin. Restarted and reinstalled Origin, made a new folder on second SSD and pointed the installer there, and guess what! I get the same error message and expansions won't install. Not enough Hard Drive space on the second drive. Sent 3 error reports.

It is obvious that something is broken with the installer, The second drive had more space than the C: drive.

Guess EA doesn't want to sell me any more games.

Message 57 of 259 (5,480 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same problem here, bought The Witcher 3 yesterday. 

Message 58 of 259 (2,490 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here. The game downloads, but all DLCs are unavailable and Origin client says "Hard drive is full"!!! Please fix this ORIGIN!!!

Message 59 of 259 (2,470 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Oh hey I've also had this problem with Awakened. Literally just bought it and have spent hours trying to find a solution, seems a lot of people have had problems with it in particular? Base game will install fine, but if I try to include the expansion in the main install or install it separately it just tells me my hard drive is full and refuses to download it.

Message 60 of 259 (2,446 Views)