"ERROR SYNCING CLOUD STORAGE DATA" message due to SSL errors

by The_Patcher

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"ERROR SYNCING CLOUD STORAGE DATA" message due to SSL errors

★★★ Novice

Hi,

origin client displays the message "ERROR SYNCING CLOUD STORAGE DATA" - it started yesterday.

Looking into the origin client log (C:\ProgramData\Origin\Logs\Client_Log.txt):

**391 Mai 26 16:47:53.642 Warning Origin::Services::NetworkAccessManager::handleSslErrors 3992 Request to https://cloudsync.dm.origin.com/cloudsync/manifest/xxxxxxx failed with 2 unsuppressed SSL errors
**392 Mai 26 16:47:53.642 Warning Origin::Services::NetworkAccessManager::handleSslErrors 3992 Certificate with common name(s) 'O=Electronic Arts, Inc. CN=cloudsync.dm.origin.com L=Redwood City OU=EA Online/Pogo.com C=US ST=California ', SHA-1 '9119793d5c677ba74e1c8a1d5cd66cde1cfa0308', expiry '2017-05-18T23:59:59Z' failed with error 'The issuer certificate of a locally looked up certificate could not be found'
**393 Mai 26 16:47:53.642 Warning Origin::Services::NetworkAccessManager::handleSslErrors 3992 Certificate with common name(s) 'O=Electronic Arts, Inc. CN=cloudsync.dm.origin.com L=Redwood City OU=EA Online/Pogo.com C=US ST=California ', SHA-1 '9119793d5c677ba74e1c8a1d5cd66cde1cfa0308', expiry '2017-05-18T23:59:59Z' failed with error 'No certificates could be verified'
**394 Mai 26 16:47:56.177 Error Origin::Services::OriginServiceResponse:Tongue outrocessReply 3992 OriginServiceResponse QNetworkReply error code [203] error string : [Error downloading XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX - server replied: Not Found] HTTP status code [404] ...
**395 Mai 26 16:47:56.177 Error Origin::Services::OriginServiceResponse::reportTelemetry 3992 Failed with REST error code -1 error string: Error downloading XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX - server replied: Not Found

Looks like there is a problem with SSL certificates.

The log file started in April, but the "Origin::Services::NetworkAccessManager::handleSslErrors" messages started yesterday, May 25th.

Message 6 of 18 (14,902 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error Syncing for battlefield 4 on origin

EA DICE Team

@The_Patcher @jtw20 @LBCdirtyD

Update 2:

We believe that we've fixed the issue. Could you please confirm if you are still getting the Cloud Sync error?

View in thread

Message 8 of 18 (18,760 Views)

All Replies

Error Syncing for battlefield 4 on origin

★★★★ Novice

I am just wondering if anyone knows what to do when you get this issue.  ERROR SYNCING CLOUD STORAGE DATA     YOUR LATEST CLOUD STORAGE DATA. MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE  this is coming up soon as i try and enter any online server. 

Message 1 of 18 (15,007 Views)

EA DICE Team

@jtw20

This error message means that your stored data cannot be retrieved from the Cloud. This won't affect the multiplayer aspect of Battlefield 4. However, if you want to play the single player then it could mean that you won't be able to access your current in-game progress.

If this error message persists for you then you are most likely looking at a software conflict on your system. Try the following:

• Temporarily uninstall or disable all anti-virus, anti-malware and firewall programs
  • Add exceptions for Origin and Battlefield in these same programs
  • Run your system in a clean boot

Note that you can also simply disable Cloud Storage.

Message 2 of 18 (14,995 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry multiplayer version is not working..its been un syncing for 9 hours i am with friends who have the same issue i think your need to re look at the error again... none is saving. 

Message 3 of 18 (14,985 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm suddenly having the exact same issue with the Cloud Sync. I disabled Cloud Sync to at least play MP and in several chats multiple people are having the same exact issue. This is obviously an EA Origin issue I believe and been playing BF4 since launch and now suddenly this issue arises. Just go into Applications settings and Disable cloud sync so you can play. Hopefully they get it fixed soon.

Message 4 of 18 (14,954 Views)

★★★★ Novice

we are talking about ea here they dont care they have had our money now they dont care 

Message 5 of 18 (14,915 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@jtw20 @LBCdirtyD @The_Patcher

Update:

We've received further reports on this and are now investigating. I will provide further updates here once available.

Message 7 of 18 (14,868 Views)

EA DICE Team

@The_Patcher @jtw20 @LBCdirtyD

Update 2:

We believe that we've fixed the issue. Could you please confirm if you are still getting the Cloud Sync error?

Message 8 of 18 (18,761 Views)

★★★ Novice

It works now - the error message in the log is gon, I can see now that the cloud sync is working again.
What was the issue?

Message 9 of 18 (14,855 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes all working but what as got up my goat is that i reported this back on tuesday and ea games did not do a thing about this and now you wait until others report and then do something. not good customer service. this is will be last game ever buy from ea games/origin 

Message 10 of 18 (14,817 Views)