Re: "Could not connect to server, please try again in a few minutes"

by Kara0182

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Could not connect to server, please try again in a few minutes"

★★ Novice

This problem has been plaguing me for the past 9 months. Origin isn't connecting to the internet, despite the fact that my computer has an internet connection and all the websites I go to work. I've looks through the forums and tried all the stuff suggested on them that I could find, yet nothing is working. I have never been able to sign on to play which really upsets me since I've paid money! I'm actually really disappointed because I've spent a lot of money and I can't even play!!!  Not only that, I cannot get any help with customer service. This is the worst experience I've had with a product ever. 

I have Macbook, by the way. And I have a feeling that most of the suggestions I'm going to get, I've already tried-- and they didn't work!!!

Message 1 of 43 (20,067 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I GOT IT TO WORK!

I am not tech savy and I had no idea what I was doing however I am on a mac
I went to system preferences > Network >  advanced settings > proxies and I had one running so I unchecked it applied changes and Orgins immediately opened up and updated and signed me in soon after.

Hopefully this works for others and hopefully by shutting off that proxy it  doesn't mess up my computer....fingers crossed

View in thread

Message 8 of 43 (17,967 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@kmm011694 Are you using a wireless or wired connection? If you are on either could you try the other to see if it makes any difference?

Have you ensured that Origin is fully up to date and I know that this may sound a lil suspect but a lot of times simply power cycling(turning it off and on again) your router can help.

Try the above and if nothing works take a look at the connection article here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Complete-Support-Origin-Connection-Issues/td-p/5019298

Darko.png
Message 2 of 43 (20,110 Views)

★★ Novice

Did you ever get it resolved? Because I have had the same issue after trying to update my game. I should have just left it alone Frown

Message 3 of 43 (19,874 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same issue Frown

Message 4 of 43 (19,530 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue. Submitted a case. No response, no help. I am so close to calling up customer service and demanding a refund. This is absolutely absurd! Why can I connect to any site, Steam, all of my other problems, yet Origin is still an issue? Someone help us.

Message 5 of 43 (18,947 Views)

★★ Novice

Has anyone ever actually gotten this resolved? I'm going to call EA technical support tomorrow and hope they will help me but this is ridiculous, everything give read in the forums. I wish I would've had these problems before I spent money here. 

Message 6 of 43 (18,504 Views)

★ Novice

Me too. It not work finger 

Message 7 of 43 (18,113 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I GOT IT TO WORK!

I am not tech savy and I had no idea what I was doing however I am on a mac
I went to system preferences > Network >  advanced settings > proxies and I had one running so I unchecked it applied changes and Orgins immediately opened up and updated and signed me in soon after.

Hopefully this works for others and hopefully by shutting off that proxy it  doesn't mess up my computer....fingers crossed

Message 8 of 43 (17,968 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Bless you, that was my exact problem!
Message 9 of 43 (17,616 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How did you fix it.

Message 10 of 43 (17,521 Views)