please make sure you have directx 8.1 or

by jesse012799

Original Post

Accepted Solution

please make sure you have directx 8.1 or

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I just installed the C&C ultimate collection, I tried to play Generals and I get a message that says... 

" please make sure you have DirectX 8.1 or higher installed. Also verify that your video card meets the minimum requirements."

My Video card is an RX580 with DirectX 12 installed. CPU is FX4350 with 8gigs of ram. 

Message 1 of 31 (5,182 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: please make sure you have directx 8.1 or

Community Manager

Hey @jesse012799 when you see this error message the best thing to do is install the corresponding version of DirectX. While you may have the most recent version on your system there the possibility that they may have removed elements of DirectX that the game needs.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 31 (5,127 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Here is my DxDiag

Message 2 of 31 (5,165 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @jesse012799 when you see this error message the best thing to do is install the corresponding version of DirectX. While you may have the most recent version on your system there the possibility that they may have removed elements of DirectX that the game needs.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 31 (5,128 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same issue.  I installed everything on a new ssd hard drive and was able to play the game a month and half ago.  Went to open C&C generals today and now it says to have dirctx 8.1 or higher.  How would I install 8.1 when it auto updates to 12?  And why would it all of a sudden give this error when it was working fine a month ago

Message 4 of 31 (5,074 Views)

★ Novice

I am experiencing the same issue. Have reinstalled DirectX 12, but to no avail. Any other thoughts?

Message 5 of 31 (5,040 Views)

★ Novice

Graphix Card recognition issue?

Message 6 of 31 (5,021 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same issue. It's been working fine for years and within the last 4 weeks, I can't get past this error on Generals Zero Hour. I've attempted to reinstall Directx and all video drivers. Very frustrating!

Message 7 of 31 (4,882 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@jesse012799 exact same issue with Generals as everyone else here. What's the deal Origins & EA?
Message 8 of 31 (4,839 Views)

★★★ Novice

Direct x error same problem have updated drivers for video card , uninstalled Origin and Generals zero hour and reinstalled both, downloaded diredtx12 no change,  still have same problem.

Message 9 of 31 (4,807 Views)

★★ Novice

I am now getting this error msg.  I have done nothing different since I bought this.  In fact, it worked fine yesterday.  Now, this message is bothering me to no end.  I have tried repairing.  Didn't work.  I have tried uninstall/reinstall.  Didn't work. Pls.  lets put forth some real effort here.

Message 10 of 31 (4,699 Views)