Re: play with my son

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

play with my son

★★★ Newbie

Hi 

I have just bought battlefront 2 on PC through steam.

My son has been playing this game I think since launch, but he plays on PS4. 

The thing is my steam and ps4 accounts are using the same email address.

How can I play with him in this case? 

I cannot see him as a friend when we both are in the game (front page). I have

changed my origin name to something else so it is not the same as the ign in ps4.

But similarly cannot see him and neither can he see me as online. 

Needd some advise how to solve this pls. 

Message 1 of 4 (458 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @quaere7777,

That adds up. You won't be able to see him on PlayStation and he won't see you on PC as you're both playing from the same EA account. You aren't going to show up on your own friends list as you can't party-up with yourself. You'll need separate EA accounts to work this.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 4 (421 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Lanna, ok noted but this does not really solve my problem. 

Can I set up a new account, and you transfer this purchase over there? 

Objective is really to play with him thats why I bought the game, or should 

I get a refund and then repurchase after I set up a new account? Whats the 

best way to achieve my objective? 

thanks. 

Message 3 of 4 (395 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @quaere7777,

You would need to connect in with our support team directly to see what they can do for you in terms of transfers, refunds and account set-up. Send in a Help Ticket for a callback or live chat here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us/.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 4 (364 Views)