by LaurenSimmer15

Original Post

Re: originthinsetup doesn't run or open at all

★★★★★ Newbie

tysm, it worked!

Message 31 of 43 (2,137 Views)

★★★ Novice
@FoXo720 have you tried my solution above?
Message 32 of 43 (2,089 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you very much, Cantiras!

Your solution worked for me.

Message 33 of 43 (2,065 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@JustinsWorld4All Thanks man!! This fixed my issue. When I would install the latest setup.exe for origin it said it was missing files for it to run. Turning off my firewall did not help. So thank you!!
Message 34 of 43 (2,010 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, i had the same issue and tried everything - nothing worked. Finally i cleaned origin cache and booom! it worked out for me. You can find some tips on how to blogs like https://outbyte.com/blog/fix-origin-thin-setup-is-not-opening/

I hope that would fit

Message 35 of 43 (1,852 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Thank you! This worked for me!

Message 36 of 43 (1,664 Views)

★ Novice

If you have any graphics tablet drivers such as WACOM or HUION, then uninstal them, do a quick refresh and then trying again will fix it, this was the only fix to my problem in which the most recent version didnt open at all, i have no idea why this happens but it does.

Message 37 of 43 (1,114 Views)

★★ Novice

TL,DR: So if you're like me and spent the hours recently trying to get Origin client to run. You came here or to a number of other FAQ's. The one true fix is here!!! Go download EA Desktop and you'll likely find it lets you play your games again. Link: http://www.ea.com/ea-app-beta
 *Link may go dead after it's out of Beta*
Why: Had the bright idea to check the EA Desktop Beta after 3 help desk agents wracked their brains to help me. After they asked me to create a new Admin account, I knew they were as lost as me. Likely the launch of the new client overrides a server function or validation that prevents Origin from working. Maybe the devs missed it, or it's a subtle push toward the new app, but it let's us play.

Message 38 of 43 (1,045 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puphyin Now that is information I can work with. Going to try that later today.
I have 2 HUION pen/tablets. Origin stopped working after the first one and I bought the second one after that. I never even thought of that might being the problem.
Time to uninstall the drivers then and see if that works.
Message 39 of 43 (870 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Raizenkane A friend on twitch told me to get the EA desktop Beta. I have been having the same issue and as you, the help desk agent told me to make a new admin account. Never have. If it doesn't work on this one, I doubt it'll work on a new one. But above, puphyin actually mentioned graphic tablet drivers.
I play sims 3 and 4. Sims 3 won't even download from the beta desktop and sims 4 is missing a whole bunch of DLC that I paid for and aren't getting. But hey, they did switch a few around. They claim I own a pack I never wanted but don't own a pack I did buy. Talk about messing up.
Message 40 of 43 (865 Views)