Re: originthinsetup doesn't run or open at all

by 9069597

Original Post

★ Novice

none of the stuff in here is working for me and the origin thin setup still isnt opening so i cant install origin. ive been charged over $40 for the game and the website isnt installing origin thin setup properly. i have no idea what else to do.

Message 21 of 43 (2,977 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@JesseJayne22 I spent 2 hours today communicating with a technical support agent, and did a lot of different operations. Nothing helped.
Message 22 of 43 (2,945 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_DarkoInstead of copy pasting generic answers please read the issue. People can't finish downloading Origin.Your solution is junk. Here is the error I get from the installer when it fails to update. And no, it's not updating my already completed installation. I hd to use an old installer just to get to the point of updating because Origin thinsetup is a piece of hot garbage.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: UpdateTool.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 5eb33d81
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.24384
Fault Module Timestamp: 5c6e2226
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0001d88a
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

FYI I have just installed Steam, Epic, and Battle.net with ZERO problems. The issue, which is not my first with Origin, is a poorly coded program that breaks access to games that have been paid for. This is getting ridiculous.

Message 23 of 43 (2,686 Views)

★ Novice

I've done all this and still can't do the initial download to even start a game. This is ridiculous. I've been trying to download and get this started for 2 days. The closest I got was the origin log in. But it kept saying I was offline. Then that even stopped working and kept "updating" now it's trying to update and fails. And when I try to download the originthin it says its missing dll. I've don't everything that ae has suggested in each step. And I've done other processes as well. This is just stupid now. Im about to return the game. $40 bucks and can't even play. I'm running Windows 8.1 everything else is up to date. I've downloaded other games in the past. It's just this origin crap that's screwing absolutely everything up

Message 24 of 43 (2,654 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Darko YO I CANT EVEN RUN THE INSTALLER M8
Message 25 of 43 (2,627 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was able to install this version. However, now origin is trying to update and the download is super slow.

Message 26 of 43 (2,593 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thinclient setup spins for a sec then no dice.
Reboot as Local Admin no dice.

Run As Administrator no dice.

Found an OLD installer that did install, but during the update of the app it errors out "unable to update please download client" and provides this link:

https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Start>Run>MSCONFIG

Services Tab>check Hide MS Services>uncheck anything left>reboot

Run downloaded OriginSetup

JOY

(win10v1909)

Message 27 of 43 (2,534 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
Message 28 of 43 (2,433 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i'm having a similar problem. I'm trying to install origin from this link: https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/download and after it's done installing, I try to open the installer and it says it's missing "MSVCP140.dll" and "VCRUNTIME140.dll" and that reinstalling the program may help. i've tried reinstalling it from the same link, logging in and then downloading it and it gives me the same error every single time. 

Message 29 of 43 (2,296 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@FoXo720 wrote:

...missing "MSVCP140.dll" and "VCRUNTIME140.dll"...

If Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x64) and Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x86) are already installed on your computer, you would probably be better off uninstalling them before proceeding with the steps below. If both are installed, uninstall both. If only one is installed, uninstall it. If neither are installed, proceed with (re)installing them as described below.

Go to https://support.microsoft.com/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads. Download both vc_redist.x64.exe and vc_redist.x86.exe linked under the heading "Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019" and install them. Once they are installed, retry installing Origin.

Message 30 of 43 (2,254 Views)