origin

by DKwaff

Original Post

origin

★ Novice

Hi,

Each time I run origin and try to play BF4. the play button is greyed out. I found an online fix that works, and sometimes just mashing the grey button several times fixes it.

However, after the play button comes back, I then have to spend time waiting for origin to verify my games files, and sometimes doing that re-disables the play button.

Is there anything I can do about this? I've re-installed origin and BF4 multiple times, and I'm running on a fresh copy of windows.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 5 (348 Views)

Re: origin

@DKwaff 

I moved your thread to the Origin board.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 5 (332 Views)

Community Manager

Clearing the Origin cache should fix this issue @DKwaff.

You need to ensure that you follow every step in order.

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 5 (305 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Darko Appreciate the response! The process you outlined seem to be inline with what I've been following here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-4-PLAY-button-won-t-highlite/m-p/3439987/highligh...

I was hoping there would be a more permanent solution as I have to that at least once per gaming session.

I had origin installed in the past on other machines where this wasn't an issue.

Guess I'm out of luck lol.

Message 4 of 5 (289 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @DKwaff this issue is generally system related so it's a case in of needing to find the cause of the issue. I'd recommend clearing the cache once a month to ensure that Origin is running as best it can.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (270 Views)