origin wont save my games

by diegogo9174

Original Post

Accepted Solution

origin wont save my games

★ Novice

I´ve been having a problem with Origin in the last few months, I bought Origin Access Prime, but not I cannot correctly play any game because games files wont save, every time I play battlefield I have to watch that annoying cutscene, any other game I have, I start and I play a couple of hours, when I get back into the game my save file is gone and I have to restart everything, it is getting annoying and making me consider to cancel my origin access subscription.

Message 1 of 23 (6,260 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: origin wont save my games

Community Manager

@diegogo9174 Are you using local or cloud saves to save your progress? If local saves then there may be an issue with your permissions, if your save location is read-only then you will not be saving your progress. 

Can you check your settings to see where you are saving your progress, to do this you need to cut and paste your MYDocuments/Battlefield1 folder to the desktop. Make sure that you delete the original folder and when it is done start the game and you should be prompted to choose local or cloud saves. Try cloud saves initially to see if it makes a difference and if not then follow the steps again and this time pick local saves.

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 23 (6,243 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@diegogo9174 Are you using local or cloud saves to save your progress? If local saves then there may be an issue with your permissions, if your save location is read-only then you will not be saving your progress. 

Can you check your settings to see where you are saving your progress, to do this you need to cut and paste your MYDocuments/Battlefield1 folder to the desktop. Make sure that you delete the original folder and when it is done start the game and you should be prompted to choose local or cloud saves. Try cloud saves initially to see if it makes a difference and if not then follow the steps again and this time pick local saves.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 23 (6,244 Views)

★ Novice

The thing is that it is not only with battlefield I, the problem is with every single origin game I try to play, nothing seems to work and im getting frustated

Message 3 of 23 (6,175 Views)

Community Manager

@diegogo9174 It sounds to me like your My Documents folder may be read-only, can you go ahead and check this and ensure that if it is set as such that you update and change it.

You can remove any read-only restriction by: 

1. Right-click the file or folder icon.

2. Remove the check mark by the Read Only item in the file’s Properties dialog box.

The attributes are found at the bottom of the General tab.

3. Click OK.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 23 (6,128 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just let you know. 2021 this problem is still being. For me is BF. V and NFS. Heat. Every progression every setting. Is GONE after i close a game.
And for your solution, Every thing is very Ok. It's can save everything Problem didn't cone from that way. Except Just App From Origin.

(I use Win 10. I tried to turning off Virus & threat protect while playing the game but it's still not save)Devil

Message 5 of 23 (2,636 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ii2084ii_TH this issue is system rather than game-related.

Have you done what I recommend above?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 23 (2,617 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried all the steps up to this reply and nothing I'm not sure about any other games as I don't have much ability with my PC right now for any other origin games as I don't have an ability for internet yet, but my main game I care about right now is breathedge. Every time I play and make a new game, I can't save. No matter what I've read from this so far. Nothing works. I progress try to save, close and see if it saved, and nothing, the cycle repeats. Any help?

Message 7 of 23 (2,241 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What if it doesn’t let you change if it’s only read or not?

Message 8 of 23 (2,048 Views)

Community Manager

Then I'd recommend creating a new Windows admin account @Whatzzupthing and ensure that it has full admin permissions.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 9 of 23 (2,000 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue as theses people.      I am playing Star Wars: Squadrons and it never saves any of my setting or progress.     I never see, no matter when I check, a folder in the origin games file.   I have tried all the solution listed above, but they don't seem to work  (With one exception).   How would I change the permissions on a folder so that is could read and write to it?  I tried changing it off of read only, but it just switches itself back.   Thanks

Message 10 of 23 (1,794 Views)