origin wont install

by itspaigeybear

Original Post

Accepted Solution

origin wont install

★★★ Newbie

I just purchased the 2020 mac, and I'm trying to download origin, and it downloads ok but when I try to open up the app it comes up saying "Origin needs to be updated. The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information." it has no option for me to update it. It also said when I went to download it that my computer is running an operating system they no longer support. Please help

Message 1 of 6 (1,191 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: origin wont install

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I actually just found a link that downloaded origin to my mac and it worked for me, try the link

https://www.dm.origin.com/mac/download

otherwise if that doesn't work, because I found when using a similar link my game kept crashing, so if you use safari to download it origin it should work, it worked for me

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (1,165 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
@itspaigeybear I'm having the same issue. It's crazy that I don't have any of these issues on my PC which is running on the latest update of Windows 10, just my MacBook Air (2019; OS Catalina).
Message 2 of 6 (1,167 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I actually just found a link that downloaded origin to my mac and it worked for me, try the link

https://www.dm.origin.com/mac/download

otherwise if that doesn't work, because I found when using a similar link my game kept crashing, so if you use safari to download it origin it should work, it worked for me

Message 3 of 6 (1,166 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me too!!!!!!!! I just updated sims, and it started to glitch, and then I deleted my sims game and all the data I had, thinking that would work, but it didn't also. Last, I deleted the origin and re-download it not. It says the app needs an update.

Message 4 of 6 (606 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@itspaigeybear I was able to download Origin, but my game is still the same with the small glitch across the screen now
Message 5 of 6 (605 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you it works now

Message 6 of 6 (560 Views)