Re: origin wont install on new computer

by filleponken10

Original Post

Accepted Solution

origin wont install on new computer

★★★ Novice

just last night i just received my new notebook computer. while transferring my things, i realizes origin wont install. it keeps faying files are missing when i looked they are there. or that origin isn't compatible.

Message 1 of 7 (895 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@VampKimora 

Download and install both the x86 and x64 versions of the required Visual Studio files:

If required, the following steps can also help in this situation.

Let us know your results, thanks.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (886 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@VampKimora 

Download and install both the x86 and x64 versions of the required Visual Studio files:

If required, the following steps can also help in this situation.

Let us know your results, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 7 (887 Views)

★★★ Novice

Looks like its working. Thank you im happy it was simple

Message 3 of 7 (862 Views)

Origin install on fresh Win10 1903

★ Apprentice

I recently had to reinstall my Win10 from scratch due to adding new drives and corrupting existing installation in the process. I'm currently restoring all the apps I had before and everything is working fine (even dreaded Office) except for this wretched sorry excuse for installer - OriginThinSetup. Come on, are You really trying to live up to Your reputation? 

Message 4 of 7 (848 Views)

Re: Origin install on fresh Win10 1903

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@KoJotPi might add that the problem is not in VC nor firewall because i tried all that solutions before posting and the installer still just hangs on Installing the latest version of Origin

I fully updated Win10 before moving over to installing other apps

Message 5 of 7 (804 Views)

★★ Novice

well 2020 september, due to crashes of windows 10 I decided to reinstall windows 10.  But now next day i want to install origin. I went to the site of origin choose download. That is where the drama started. why it is so hard to install origin? before it installed fine .Now it is only drama. Come on origin step up your money game. Customers pay you loads of money and your not even able to come up with proper software in 2020!

Tired of looking all these forums about solutions. Nothing works. 

Message 6 of 7 (665 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@in3vit4bilis
★★★★★ NEWBIE
filleponken10
Agree fully!
I got a brand new gaming PC, with Win10, and tries to install Orgin, but installation hangs and I have no clue what to do, if it can be fixed and how. No response to interpret why the installation does not succeed. Feels like stone age this!
Message 7 of 7 (509 Views)