Re: origin wont download to computer

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

origin wont download to computer

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I try downloading it from browser but it wont open and tells me that if i try redownloading it, that might help. ive done that several times and ive ended up deleting all the files to try again but i get the same conflict.i dont know what to do and cant find anything on here to help. Frown it also says originthinsetup.exe, idunno if thatd normal but i dont feel like it is.

Message 1 of 4 (408 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @sozietty, can you share the exact error message that you are seeing? These error messages generally contain information that allows us to narrow down the cause of the issue.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (380 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes! it recently started showing it to me twice.

Message 3 of 4 (353 Views)

@sozietty  That file is part of the 2015 VC++ runtimes, which Origin needs to install properly.  It's best to uninstall your current copies, if you have any, and then download new ones from Microsoft.  Hit Windows key-i, select Apps, scroll down to the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributables, click on both the x86 and x64 entries (if you have them), and select Uninstall.  You can download new copies here. Be sure to install both the x86 and x64 versions.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Restart your computer, and try to install Origin again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (351 Views)