origin won't let me cancel my ea membership

by GURLTAY

Original Post

Accepted Solution

origin won't let me cancel my ea membership

★★ Novice

I would like to cancel my subscription/membership but it will not let me and sends me back to the origin website after every attempt.

Message 1 of 7 (1,860 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: origin won't let me cancel my ea membership

Community Manager

Hey @GURLTAY if unable to cancel your membership then for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,817 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @GURLTAY if unable to cancel your membership then for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (1,818 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It might be better to contact your bank. My Bank Natwest has a form for unauthorised payments especially relating to subscriptions. I have the very common problem of trying to cancel the plan, getting through all the we are sorry to see you go stuff and ,it neither registering or sending the email it should do.

I then found out later I had been charged for the subscription despite the cancellation.

The EA chat person I talked to advised me against going though my bank (maybe he misunderstood the issue was caused by a technical problem at EA), however if you have a genuine complaint and your bank agrees, EA will not punish you (ie cancel your account suspend) for it, as to do so would be illegal and subject to prosecution and as EA is a legitimate company you don't need to fear that they would behave in such a way.

P. S (later edit)

This method is different to a charge back as a dispute gives the merchant (ea) the option of just refunding you rather than having the money removed from their account and charged a huge fee.

Also doing this because you don't like a game or want a freebe is fraud as then you would be stealing from EA. Only do this is you have a legitimate grievance and find that EA are unhelpful when you contact them. 

Message 3 of 7 (1,434 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Also the silly thing from EAs point of view is I was only trying to see if I could get this subscription on PC changed to a PlayStation 5 one and then would have bought FIFA 22 with the 10 percent off and so they would have made another £60 off me.

I only cancelled the subscription in first place because I also have Xbox game pass, rather than being desperately unhappy with the service and was willing to let them keep it going on another platform despite it being their fault.

If this isn't a lesson as to why customer service is important, I don't know what is. 

Message 4 of 7 (1,424 Views)

★★ Novice

Also as a ps the form hasn't gone through yet, and if EA is quick enough we may be able to solve this issue or just contact me in order to help before midday tomorrow (gmt) I will be grateful not to have to take this course of action.

Message 5 of 7 (1,414 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @needjamesd in situations such as this you need to engage with our live support team, if you go to your bank and they do a chargeback or other then you would risk losing access to your account.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 7 (1,404 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Your live support team and platform for support is *.

Message 7 of 7 (1,101 Views)