origin won't launch on new catalina

by brookekrohley

Original Post

origin won't launch on new catalina

★ Novice

I updated my Macbook pro to Catalina 10.15.7 and now origin will not open. It bounces in my dock then disappears and will do that two more times till it quits on its own.

Message 2 of 11 (697 Views)

Origin Client on mac refuses to open as of today

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Origin app not starting macOS 10.15.7

After the last sims update, played full day all fine, next day got a few hours in and  got the loved by all game crash.....restarted to see how much was lost.

Went to play today and now the origin client will not even start up. Have cleared cache, ran the origin reset tool, reinstalled all twice now, and no luck.

The origin app has never been anything but a pain on macs, after last few updates would hang a lot on quit and have to be force quit. Now this.

I really see no need to have to need an app to launch programs to play.

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019

3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i

8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB

macOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H15)

Origin version 10.5.87.45080

Message 1 of 11 (696 Views)

Re: origin won't launch on new catalina

★ Pro

Same here, but just as of today, I had the last Catalina update in for a few days with no issues. I hope someone combines all these posts, I feel a lot more coming.

Message 3 of 11 (694 Views)

★★ Novice
@brookekrohley I updated a few days ago. Origin worked yesterday, but now it only bounces on my dock and disappears
Message 4 of 11 (688 Views)

Re: Origin Client on mac refuses to open as of today

★ Pro

I have got to the preffs just now by launching from the origin website......let's see if I get all the way.

Message 5 of 11 (681 Views)

Re: Origin Client on mac refuses to open as of today

★ Pro

Got it open, and it has a sims update.....we will see...not holding my breath after the last few days.

Message 6 of 11 (679 Views)

@brookekrohley @annika38 and @twmuse  There was a temporary issue with Apple servers that didn't allow macOS to verify third-party apps, including Origin.  It should have cleared up hours ago though.  Please post back if Origin still won't open for you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 11 (654 Views)

★ Pro

@puzzlezaddictYes, it has started working "Normally" again.

I think this is one of the main issues on the mac origin client, when it cannot connect, either do to severs, or other internet problem, it does nothing, just quits. Unlike other programs that at least give some sort of pop up stating there is connection issues.

On macs, it just bounces in the dock, then quits, then starts again, (this is always the norm and one of the other oddities, will look like normal start, then stop, then actually start up), if there is an issue all is the same but never starts, so to us, it looks the same.

Message 8 of 11 (629 Views)

@twmuse  Yeah, it's frustrating, but luckily this outage was short, at least.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 11 (617 Views)

★★ Novice

Mine still won’t work. The loading screen is still there.

Message 10 of 11 (579 Views)