origin server can't retrieve game library

by Player_bh1o2lbe

Original Post

origin server can't retrieve game library

★★★ Novice

hello

I have been trying to update Sims 4 to the latest patch, but for the past day or so it keeps saying they are unable to download and I have checked many times to see if i have internet connection which i do. So I made the decision to uninstall and reinstall Origin. when i redownloaded Origin, it will no longer show me any of my games from the game library and when i tried to play Sims 4 through just the icon on my laptop, it says i need to use my redeeming product code, which has been misplaced as i got the cd 4 years ago.

Please help!! I can't play my game at all and i spent HEAPS of money of extra game play items!!

Message 1 of 8 (4,079 Views)

Re: origin server can't retrieve game library

Community Manager

Hey @Player_bh1o2lbe from your post it sounds like clearing the Origin Cache should get you sorted in no time.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (4,060 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko thanks for your reply! however I am on a Mac, do you know how i could do this through a Mac system?
Message 3 of 8 (4,053 Views)

Community Manager

You can do that same on a Mac by resetting Origin if you follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-sg/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 8 (4,048 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko i tried this twice but once i log in, it still says 'origin servers temporarily unavailable' and won't load my games list
Message 5 of 8 (4,040 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same issue. Tried downloading the patch since yesterday. The Sims 4 had the new cover, however the patch had not been installed. I right clicked the game and hit "Install Update" and kept getting a failure message that I'm not connected to the internet... Cleared my cache... same issue. Uninstalled and reinstalled Origin and now when I log in it says "Unable to connect to Server" and my game list is empty....also Mac user. Disappointed

Message 6 of 8 (4,012 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Sin88va if you find a solution could you please type it? glad to know im not the only one with the issue, i went to sleep and completely shut down my computer, but still has the same problemFrown
Message 7 of 8 (3,992 Views)

★★★ Novice

If anyone else has an issue like this, I had to go onto EA and do a live chat to sort the issue. Basically they just gave me a link to install an earlier version of Origin and everything was there and worked fine. I could also update my games.

Message 8 of 8 (3,962 Views)